Forgive Me Steyroids, For I Have Sinned

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by SELFDEFENSE, Aug 5, 2007.

1. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Went to a gun show today, and saw a LNIB Walther PPK .380 for $360 and could not walk away. Have been looking for a bit more gun than my Beretta 950 .25 ACP for backup and short-trip grab-and-go pocket hardware. Will wring it out tomorrow if lucky, and will report on my illegitimate new companion. :oops:

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I'm with you brother. I put a Walther P5 on layaway and am already plotting it's early release. And that was only a couple of days after picking up a Sig 232. And, a PPK is in my future as well.

I'm so ashamed :twisted:

Buzz

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

No troubles! I almost got one, but went with the Bersa, instead (HALF the price - how could I resist?). Pics/range report to follow, I'm sure...

And BTW - I'm sure you've done the "Bond. James Bond" draw in the mirror already... :lol:

4. SELFDEFENSE

"And BTW - I'm sure you've done the "Bond. James Bond" draw in the mirror already.."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Not without a proper shoulder holster yet. 8)

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I am not ashamed to admit that a PPK/S is high on my list. I also had the chance to check out, but not fire, a CZ 83, which is the only double stack .380 ACP -- according to the CZ rep. It felt good and holds ten rds, but it doesn't compare in looks to a stainless PPK/S.

Also, I could get a Skyy 9mm for less than the PPK/S or CZ 83 and have 10 + 1 in 9mm in a slightly smaller sized package and a lighter trigger pull (than the PPK/S). Plus a lifetime, transferable warranty. The Skyy is a high quality gun and a bargin, but it just isn't as classy as the old Walther.

(Pardon all my edits, I am a bit of a perfectionist but too quick to hit "submit")

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

As a Bond fan I am compelled to own a PPK. Currently I am collecting each gun bond carried as a main carry gun in the movies and Fleming books. That is the Beretta 418, PPK, P5, and P99. Connery used the P5 in Never Say Never Again, and Moore in Octopussy. Too bad it was such a fine gun used in a lousy movie and also by the inferior Bond.

Buzz

7. SELFDEFENSE

Have you shot the 418? My Beretta 950 is a good gun, but the cartridge is obviously very weak.

8. SELFDEFENSE

"And BTW - I'm sure you've done the "Bond. James Bond" draw in the mirror already.."
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "Not without a proper shoulder holster yet. "

in the bedroom). :)

9. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

No, I'd own it pretty much to fill the gap. But, I would shoot it.

I'm also unofficially going to consider my PP Super a Bond gun. I think a very strong case can be made that had Ian Fleming lived beyond 1964 and on into the 70's he would have had Bond switch to the PP Super, at M's demand or otherwise. Today's P99 is a ridiculous choice.

Buzz

10. SELFDEFENSE

Just got back from the range after shooting 250 rounds thru the PPK. 2 boxes of American Eagle, 1 CCI Lawman, 1 CCI Blazer, 1 Win Silvertip JHP.
    No malfs or problems. :D
    Standing 2-handed at 21 feet, the first 7 rounds were inside 2" :shock: Already I'm getting warm fuzzies.
    Double action pull heavy but continuous; single action pulls light and perfect. At 75 feet 2-handed I could keep 7 rounds within 7".
    Control is harder on the first shot one-handed, especially the weak hand. I was putting the first shot about 6-8 inches away from the rest of the mag most times.
    I found that it was better to cock the hammer on the draw stroke and shoot all single action; but that is another action that can go wrong in a combat situation.
    I will try to put another 200-250 rounds thru it quickly so that I can begin to carry it.
    With the S&W extended beavertail there was no Walther bite, and the gun was quite manageable with very surprising two-handed accuracy.
    I think this will fit the bill for a BUG/pocket gun. I tried my Glock 26, but it was just too big.

11. SELFDEFENSE

Ran another 200 rounds thru it with no problems so I have decided to deem it worthy for CCW. So my M9 now has a new riding companion.

12. SELFDEFENSE

Put another 150 rounds thru the PPK with no trouble, and have a used Galco Executive shoulder rig on the way. The M9 now has a pretty constant companion.

13. SELFDEFENSE

Another 100 rounds thru the PPK without problem. That's 700 rounds thru it nad the Galco shoulder is comfortable and light. So the PPK now rides under the left arm and the M9 on the right side of the belt.
    Happy camper. :)

14. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

all you need now is a seecamp in the ankle!!!

15. SELFDEFENSE

I'll start walking like Dr. Frankenstein's experiment.