Fobus holster question

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by macodad, Mar 14, 2007.

1. macodad

macodad Guest

This may be a bit dumb but... will the Fobus holster for the "S" series fit an MA1 model? Can it be "adjusted" to fit the MA1?
    Just looking for a nice simple plastic, friction lock type of holster for my M9, like the Uncle Mikes I have for my G22. Simple, no hoods, buttons, snaps, or other retention stuff just click and its kinda stuck in there until I draw.

Thanks. I've checked the holster lists and posts here and at GT, thought someone mite know to help cut down my search.

-edit- If it fits the m40 it will fit the m9 right?

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Last I checked the Fobus site, still no holsters for MA1 series Steyrs. And no, the S and SA1 series are smaller, or at least shorter barrels, than the M and MA1 series, so they won't fit the same holsters.

I got a Bianchi Accumold Model 7506 left-hand for my M357-A1 and it fits like a glove. It's not plastic, but canvas. It has a strap with snaps, but it's removable, which is what I do. Never felt like I needed it yet. Pistol fits tight.

And yes, the M9-A1 frame is identical to the M40-A1 and M357-A1. Same holster fits all three. Differences are internal on the slide as well as different barrels, of course.