Fobus Holster for M9 Review

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by IlovemyM9, Feb 22, 2007.

1. IlovemyM9

IlovemyM9 New Member

With the M9 you don't have many options for a paddle holster. If you don't want to spend $70 or more for a Safariland or some custom holster you have the option to "convert" a $20 Fobus SG4 holster.
    Originaly designed for the SIG 229 the holster needs some modification. Note: You do this on your own risk!
    With a nipper or knife and a rasp to finish you have to remove the constricted part at the under the muzzle area of the holster. If you think the gun sits too tight you may cook the holster and let it cool down with the gun.
    The result looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Finding the right mag pouch is a little tricky. Your M9 mags have similar outside dimensions than the .40 mags. I chose the Fobus 6900. This is a pouch for .40 SIG and the M9 mags fit in just great.

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I got the Fobus 6909 for .40 cal mags and it fits perfectly, too, for my M357-A1 mags, which are identical to the M40-A1 mags in all dimensions. This is it with my Bianchi Accumold Model 7506 holster.

[​IMG]

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I use that Accumold holster to fit just about anything. It's originally for my Glock but fits my Sig 229, Steyr, and I think I even put my HK 45 USP in it....and they all fit pretty good......its an excellent all round holster........

4. IlovemyM9

IlovemyM9 New Member

What Size / Style or Mfg No is your Bianchi Accumold holster. Do you carry it in or out side on the belt?

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Outside..........Netfotoj may be able to get that answer for you faster, I'm at work and don't have access to the model #.........If he doesn't by tonite Ill look at mine and post it..........

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

IlovemyM9,

Mine is the lefty, Model 7506, Bianchi Accumold Belt Slide for Glock, Taurus. If memory serves the right-hand version is Model 7500, but since I'm afflicted with CRS disease, don't put any stock in my guesses. (P.S. It's cheap, too. $34 including shipping from Leather for Lefties.)

7. IlovemyM9

IlovemyM9 New Member

Update: Fobus Holster for M9 Review

Please forget about the §$&% I wrote about cooking Fobus holsters. Boiling water can not significantly deform the holster.
    Also I found a better way to modify the SG4 holster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I replaced the rivet under the trigger with two Allen screws. With washers I opened this section about 1mm for the perfect fit. Inbetween the low profil nut and the holster I placed rubber O-rings. Under pressure the holster can open just a little more. Last but not least the nuts are secured with Loctite.
    So finally this holster works just perfect, with that nice "click" when drawing and reholstering.

8. djSS

djSS Guest

High Noon Holsters

hey! new to the club. didn't know if anyone else had one and i don't have a picture yet but, the Bare Skin model from High Noon Holsters, works great with the M40-A1...imo. it is a stocking item, so you can get it pretty quick, too. got mine in about three days.

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

hey, ILoveMyM9,

Hows about some photos WITH your Steyr IN the holster you converted???

:D :D :D

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

djSS:
    I got a High Noon Hidden Ally tuckable about 9 months ago for my M9 to test the tuckable concept before getting a better brand. It has worked well enough that I still CCW with it and have an extra $120-160 in my pocket.

11. djSS

djSS Guest

the only gripe i have about mine is reholstering... you cant't do it one handed with the Bare Skin holster too well. the material flattens out after you draw the pistol. nothing for me to really worry about, though. i don't intend on having to draw it that much. :?

12. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

dj:
    My Hidden Ally IWB is very pliable leather also, and it collapses when the gun is not in the holster.
    The way I reholster is to lean back and to my weak side a little, put my California Wave finger in the holster opening, and slide the front part of the gun to the rear and into the holster at a 45 degree angle, and when the lower part of the muzzle enters the holster opening I turn the gun to vertical and insert into the holster.
    The ability to do this has resutled in my keeping this holster rather than upgrading as was my original intention when I bought it.