Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently read a post here that claimed the Fobus Paddle #SG229 will work for a M40-A1.

Can anyone else confirm this? (Its made for a SIG P229). Or perhaps any other "reasonably priced" Kydex/Polymer Holster? Thanks in advance!

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
No the Fobus SG229 paddle holster fits the S-9 or the S-40. I use mine with a S-9 and it works great. I would expect that it would work for the S-40 as well, since they are the same size. I tried my M-9 and my M40-A1 in the same holster but they will not fit. S-9 is a lil snug but wont have to worry about it coming out. I like how the Fobus paddle holster rides close to the body and is comfortable. I do use a DeSantis 001N1(thats what is stamped into the leather) leather holster for my M9, M40-A1, etc. But unfortunatly it doesn't seem that they make them anymore. I really like my DeSantis. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a Galco Paddle Lite Holster made for the Springfield XD 9/40 with 3" barrel for my S40-A1. It's a comfortable holster. Since you're looking for the M40-A1 you would probably want the holster made for a 4" barrel. I know it's leather, not kydex, but it might help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I emailed Fobus about my M9 A1. Here's the reply.

Dan,

I’m sorry, we don’t have a fit for M9A1.

Steve Palinkas

Customer Service Manager

Fobus Holster/Mission First Tactical

267.803.1534 direct

·
Registered
5 Posts
With no luck finding anything online for my M9 A1 I went to a local gun shop and tried about 20 different holsters. No Fobus would fit, tried a few Galco's, nothing, tried the Tagua's and finally found one!! It's leather, paddle holster for a Springfield XDM 5", p/n PD2-670!! A little snug but that's a good thing, leather will stretch a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts