fns......

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by jhb, Apr 13, 2013.

1. jhb

jhb Member

Picked up an ffl transfer of a zastava m57, new production version.....while doing my 4473 form I look down and see a fnh fns. This pistol had never caught my eye befire. So I ask the gunstore counter man if I can see it. Played with it and I got to say it is one seriously overlooked pistol. The only thing I dislike about it is the barrel seems rather thin......but that's. Just a pet peeve....I like barrels to be thicker even if it has no bearing on strength.

So I'm asking myself...why have I ignored this pistol for so long? I got no answer other than it doesn't photograph well.....much nicer in the metal and plastic than in pictures on the web. Any fns haters out there........throw me your take on this pistol and why it is not popular.....is it as simple as the lack of parts available, lack of expensive magazines available, lack of aftermarket parts, holsters and such available? Guess that's enough to stop it from being popular......

2. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I want to say I watched a youtube video on this and they spoke highly of it.

The problem is that I don't remember 100%.

watch to many video's.

3. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

I've heard good things about the FNS. I got to hold one at the Cabela's in Charleston, WV a few weeks back. Comfortable to hold, a lot like my Walther PPQ, but my money was earmarked for my Steyr S40-A1.

4. jhb

jhb Member

True, no shortage of reviews and videos. Guess one could say........might be a shortage of useful review videos.;) kidding. I went ahead and grabbed the fns. Figured why not. Haven't got to shoot it yet.

5. jhb

jhb Member

Good feedback thanks. Yup I would have gone for the steyr over the fns too.

Now the ppq....haven't gotten to shoot one of those yet. They disappear fast. Guess that trigger anddesign is well worth it cause they fly off the shelves here.

6. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

I've read a lot of reviews saying the PPQ has the best out of box trigger. I don't have a ton of shooting experience so I can't say, all I know is that I love the trigger. The Steyr trigger isn't bad at all. Not quite as smooth as a PPQ, but still nice. I actually like the fact that I can tell where the Steyr's trigger is going to break, can't tell with the PPQ (you can when taking your time, but for quick shots you can't). I've found that the PPQ is easier to shoot one handed and in the off hand than the Steyr, but I think the Steyr is overall more acurate.

7. Okie67

Okie67 Member

The FNS is a great pistol,my friend I shoot with has the FNS 40.Very well made gun,if I would quit buying Glocks I would have one myself.