FNH F2000

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by babj615, Mar 13, 2007.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Anyone have one?

Good/Bad?

PLEASE elaborate!!!

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'm jiving for one bad, babj! Every time I go to a gun[show/shop] my bank account is in mortal danger. They are incredibly compact - just barely bigger than the PS90 with the factory barrel. There are a few owners over on Sigforum who rave about the rifle - I've yet to hear of a malfunction. Factory sights suck - an optic would be a must. Considering this rifle already carries the prohibitive price tag of $2300+, the added cost of an optic hurts that much more. I'm really hoping the price comes down very soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

3. Well,

Keep in mind that the FN FS2000 doesn't have a Last Round Bolt Hold option as is common among most Europeans rifles (unlike the AUG that does have one).

The AR magazine doesn't drop free either you have to pull it.

The barrel has a pinned FH that can't be removed or swapped out due to 922r restrictions.

The trigger pull is like 11 lbs. and pretty heavy, but I think there may be an aftermarket trigger pack out there.

4. feinc

feinc New Member

Outstanding weapon system - Very compact with flawless operation w/ several K rounds so far.

Perfect design for EO Tech sights !!!

Lots of information and discussion regarding FS-2000 at http://www.AR15.com. Look under the "FN Herstal" link on the "Arms & Tactics Forum" section . :p

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

OK - I had to get one.....

FNH FS2000 with ATN Aries 330 Warrior Night Vision Scope & IR Illuminator.....

[​IMG]

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya - I officially hate you now. You owe us a lot more than that "I have one now" crap - I'm expecting one helluva range report... :twisted: :shock: :)

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayuhm :shock:

Can bab* come out and play?...and bring his toys? :p

Wulf