Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy Steyr fans!

I'm here because of an expressed interest in the Steyr M9A1. I'd like to learn more about the platform. Strengths, weaknesses, parts and anything I can pull from the minds of the experienced. I think I'd like to add one to my lineup of pistols. Something about the look and the low bore axis really attract me to the design. I'm a Glock fan. They've ruined me on many pistols due to the simplicity, reliability, and fairly low profile of the gun. I have a higher end Kimber I'm not truly in love with for this very reason. The slide / sight height, as well as the grip angle and safety just kill it for me. So I'm a bit backwards in my tastes. The only thing I like that is hammer fired right now is the FNP 45. And while it is 1911 eske. It holds a ton of. 45 and recoils like a 9mm. My gripe is the slide height.

I'm also an AK fan. I have a few. I like working on them. I do the AR thing too.

Also a former car guy. So DIY doesn't scare me.

I'm thinking of the M9A1 as a half in half out type of gun. Not necessarily a "go to war" sidearm like the FNP45. But something more than a G26 on those days I can bring more gun. Looking at the caracal now too.

But I think the Steyr Is gonna be my choice. They are $480 at CTD. Anyone have any other places to look?

And hi all! Thanks for letting me in.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to SteyrClub!

They're also $480 at Buds Gunshop with free shipping. That would make it cheaper than CTD, as you'd have to pay tax in TX + the FFL fee. If you have a reasonable FFL, I'd go with Buds if it's about the price.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
You ought to send a private message to forum member xthexheadx - he should be able to get you a really good deal, and he will make sure the pistol you get is from new stock (upgraded trigger).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts