Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting little light. I have a Streamlight on mine. I like it but it's big and heavy.

A lot of Glocks only have one position cut into their rails. I'd suspect as long as there's a similarly placed cut in the Steyr + the Steyr trigger guard isn't any wider than a Glock it would fit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've heard there is a "universal" version of the APLc due to come to market soon. Possibly sometime this month.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know its not the light you're posting about but I will say how impressed I am with this small inexpensive (sub $30 on Amazon) Aim Sports light. It was listed as a 150 lumens but what arrived was the new 220 lumen model. Its extremely bright, enough so that its uncomfortable to look at (sorry bad guys).

So if you want something that wont break the bank I have to say its a nice option.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know its not the light you're posting about but I will say how impressed I am with this small inexpensive (sub $30 on Amazon) Aim Sports light. It was listed as a 150 lumens but what arrived was the new 220 lumen model. Its extremely bright, enough so that its uncomfortable to look at (sorry bad guys).

So if you want something that wont break the bank I have to say its a nice option. View attachment 3060
Do you have an actual model number or do you have a link to the actual one you bought?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Can Steyr M9A1 attach The Inforce APL compack light?
Anyone ever try to fit it with Steyr MA1?

http://inforce-mil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/APLc-SpecSheet.pdf
I tried one out the other day on my M and L and they fit perfectly on the L it did not protrude past the muzzle on the M it stuck off about a quarter of an inch. It looked like it belonged perfectly and the switches were very easy to operate . The only reason I didn't buy one is cause they only had FDE and I wanted black

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've looked the Olight before as well, but I don't have any experience with it. One word of caution I would give for the Olight and any others besides streamlight/surefire is that you have almost ZERO chance of finding a holster for them. Finding a holster for a steyr is hard enough but when you complicate the process with a light it becomes near impossible. In fact the only two solutions I was able to come up with were a surefire X-300 paired with a Blackhawk Omnivore or a Surefire XC-1 paired with an aliengear shell that I remolded to fit it (and that just barely worked).

I'm sure that a lot of these lights are really good but unless you plan on leaving your firearm loose (drawer, case, etc) they don't have a lot of practicality

·
Registered
207 Posts
Another solution is to find a local maker and have them custom make one (kydex would be easier then then leather I'm sure) but also given that the Valkyrie mini is pretty new to the market I'm sure more will be available if the prove to be popular.

*edit: As I was responding Roadmaster posted his response and mentioned SwapRig who actually say's they make (or will make) a holster for the V-Mini and have a ton of other set ups for lights/lasers as well, I know nothing about their holsters and would like to find out more
(see my thread in the Holsters section if you have more info on them)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do you have an actual model number or do you have a link to the actual one you bought?
https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Fla...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A4M950JV4F8XDYRWNS3Z

First heard good things about it from NutnFancy then found it on Amazon with numerous reviews (over 700) averaging 4 stars. Price was awesome (sub $30) and Prime Free ship didn't hurt. Good enough to start considering the thought is for home duty.

If I was dragging it around all day every day for CC or as a LEO then I'd probably look to invest hundreds in some Cadillac light but it rocks for simple home protection use and IMHO the money saved is better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
55 Posts

So if you want something that wont break the bank I have to say its a nice option. View attachment 3060
Have one of these also for my M9. New ones are 330 lumen, and are easy on/off bayonet type rail catch. Nice inexpensive light for the nightstand gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently bought a Bladehawk Omnivore holster for my M9-A1. It claims to use any flashlight as part of the way to provide retention for this holster system. I'd like to try Surefire XC1, but would like to have anyone's input before I commit to that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
From what I can see on Blackhawks site, the light bearing omnivore holsters are for streamlight tlr-1 & 2 and the surefire x300/300u-a (specific holsters) and the non lightbearing holster uses a rail attachment for fitting a pistol to the holster, not that it uses "any light" for retention.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I can see on Blackhawks site, the light bearing omnivore holsters are for streamlight tlr-1 & 2 and the surefire x300/300u-a (specific holsters) and the non lightbearing holster uses a rail attachment for fitting a pistol to the holster, not that it uses "any light" for retention.
A bit off topic but I picked up the Streamlight TLR-1HL along with the Omnivore holster for a Halloween event (all dark). I also bought the TLR-1 (300 lumen instead of 800) in case the HL was too bright. I sent the 300 version back. The 800 is not an issue and the only people that think it's too bright in reviews are those that have something less and think it's bright enough. The spread on the 800 is sooo much better and it lights up rooms fully.

I modified my rail a little bit with a file to use the p320 key and it worked great. The light and holster fit my 1911, p320 and FN FiveseveN perfectly. Couldn't be happier. It was also my best performance to date as it kept the gun perfectly flat with the extra 3-4 oz up front.

So, I know it's not what you asked but when I went looking for light/holster advice last month it was a USPSA Glock sponsored shooter that recommended the above. I can do the same without reservation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts