First Steyr

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Guest, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Should have known better, all that seems right is not what it always turns out to be. Kinda like marriage.
    I am so regretting purchasing my M40 A1. I cannot buy anything off the shelf for it. I am stuck with packing it in my hip pocket or going back to my Beretta or Taurus. I drove 20 miles up the road to Blade-Tech and they didn't have a holster of any kind for it. Said 5-7 days to make one, what a laugh, I like to put my hands on things, check fit, see other models, etc.. How do you folks deal with this. I guess I crossed the line when I bought my first non-American made Gun. I am headed down the road searching for an unsuspecting soul that will take it off my hands. Now that I think of it, Hitler was Austrian.

You dyed in the wool patient people enjoy your weapons. I wiil be buying something I can purchase parts and accessories for.

Semper Fi

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Sorry to hear it!!

As for holsters there are all kinds. You have to wait for any quality rig. Milt Sparks Said turn around was almost a year and that was for my 1911..

But me I say make your own. It is easy..

Anyway holster thread..

As for parts all parts are available from Steyr

Also sights and grips from other manufactures are out there as well..

I know you have made up your mind so post your for sale M40-A1 here..

I hope you have a good turkey day......

3. DocChronos

DocChronos Premium Member

If you are 20 miles from Blade Tech you are in my neck o' the woods. I may be interested in buying your M40A1. E-mail me with a price and a place to meet.

Doc

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

LMFAO!!! :lol:

You whinney puke! :lol: Uhhh... Dayam. :shock: Did I type that outloud? :shock: Sorry. :oops: What I meant to say was, "put a good price on it and I'll bet ya won't have any problems sellin' it." <shrug> Hava good holiday season. :p

Wulf <-- never gonna get married <shrug>

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Dawg* :shock:

Didn't mean ta piss ya off, Dude. It's just that your derogatory, whiney, miserable little post seemed like a joke to me so I was jokin' back! Hell, if I'da thought it was an honest attempt ta make a buncha non-American pistol buyin', Nazi, dyed-in-the-wool, Steyr shootin' bastards feel humility, I'da just deleted ur fuckin' post. :shock: But, instead, I fig'rd I'd play along. I mean, lets do a run-thru of your post, shall we? Hmmmmmmmmm...where ta start? How bout we start from the beginning of your post?

OK, that's pretty tame, kinda settin' the stage for a reasonable wingein' kinda post...I'm thinkin', "wonder what went wrong...." :p Then , WHAMO!!! ...

Hmmm...like gnarly, Dude...good point ta make to a buncha Steyr owner/enthusiasts...a buncha seen it, done it, been there'ers. Bonus! I mean ya got our attn, Bro. Hell, now ya even got our sympathy in tow. :shock: Anyway, onward thru the fog! :p ...

so at least your laffin', Dude. :shock: If that was the only reason ya went all the fuckin' way over there, it occurs to me that perhaps ya coulda called first and saved a little tread on your tires. Like wow! :shock: 20 fuckin' miles, Dude! That's a lot. Hope it wasn't all up hill! :shock: But, that's just me. <shrug> Hey, wait a minute here, are you laffin' with us or at us? :twisted: Here's another lame "twist of the knife" directed at exactly who, I can't quite fig'r out, but I'm pretty sure they're not Americans, so that's pretty kewl, I guess. 8)

...uhhh, Beretta...Taurus. What other American made guns ya got? :shock: IMHO, "Taurus" sounds more 'merican than "Beretta"...but I could be wrong. :shock: Oh, btw, I'm still waitin' on a set of stainless steel scope ring mounts for my stainless steel Taurus Tracker 44 Mag. They're on back order from Taurus USA and they should be here in the next couple weeks from Brazil, maybe. Fuckin' 'merican made guns anyway! :evil:

Oh, wait, here's my favorite part...
    Just what in the Hell is zat 'sposed ta imply??? :shock: Are ya suggestin' that all Austrians are Nazis??? :shock: Are ya suggestin' that the Steyrclub is a Nazi organization??? :shock: I mean, WTF, Dude? :shock:

And last but not least,
    That was a good one, kinda cheeky but here's what I gathered ya to mean by that dyed-in-the-wool remark:

Zat whatcha mean, Dude? You callin' me a "congenital"??? :shock: Are them words fightin' words!!! :twisted:

*sigh*

Ok, OK...I appologize to ya, Dawg*. :( Sorry for bein' such an asshole to ya for that winner post of yours, filled with constructive criticism. Sorry that ya bought a POS Steyr M-A1 and ya live 20 miles away from a holster makin' place and they can't have anything ready for ya for at least a week, fuckin' Commie bastards that they are!!! :twisted: I really feel for ya, Bro. :shock: That's all I can do now except to ask, "Ya gotta range report ta add?" ;) Chill, Dude. ;) Oh yeah, and Semper Fi backatcha, Bro. :p

Wulf <--bein' perhaps a little outta line, a bonerfide prick, and a self-proclaimed asshole...again :roll:

BTW, if anybody wants ta can me, let me know and I'm outta here. <shrug>

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Don't get me wrong - we welcome all comments/concerns/criticisms here. We recognize that all owners will not share the same experience that we do not all have the same tastes.

But seriously - Wulf is right. Grow up. :roll:

7. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Don't take it personally but don't let the door knob hit ya. You can't wait a few weeks for a holster? I had Rich's Custom Carry IWB in a week. And you can now get a Crossbreed SuperTuck very quickly just to name two fine holsters. What's the big deal? And although there is not the plethora of accessories available compared to a Glock, the stuff you would need most, i.e., mags, recoil spring assemblies, Tritium night sights, critical striker components, etc. are there for the asking. Customer service in the US is excellent and for $350-400 (from CDN and Davidson's respectively), the MA1 has to be one of the greatest gun bargains of all time. Plus Davidson's offers a lifetime guarantee on anything that goes wrong with the gun in addition to the manufacturer's warranty.

I find the M9A1 a hoot and a half to shoot. It has excellent ergonomics for most folks, a crisp trigger that gets better in time, is more accurate than me, and after a very short break-in period, its reliability has proven flawless.

I guess even Steyr Club is not immune from the occasional whine. :?

And by the way, the Hitler comment was absurd in the context provided. I guess I should get rid of my Glock too then huh?

8. heavymetalmachine

Hey Wulf.

Dayam!!!! Did you eat to much turkey :lol: :lol:

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Hey DawgLaw,

PM me your address, I'll send ya some Cheese to go with all that Whine!

WTF is DawgLaw anyway?

...and for those who do not already know....

..The best of just about anything in the world comes out of Austria...

10. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Don't know if "the best of just about anything in the world comes out of Austria" but in the case of the MA1 they scored a big one.

What is a DawgLaw? Hmm....he specializes in canine law? WTF do I know. :D

11. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

This geezer's taking the micky!

Good things take time, mate. Like a fine wine (Sounds like you know a bit about wine).

Yep, the Steyr isn't as common as some of the brands out there, but maybe thats why we like it.

Think of it this way, you wouldn't buy a Lamborghini and then get pissed when the local gas station doesn't carry an air filter for it.

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting rid of it, especially to anyone who has actually shot one.

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam Boys!!! :shock:

Where's the delete button for this fuckin' runaway thread??? :shock: *tax, if you would please do the honors, put us back on track or else make it like it never fuckin' happened, Bro. I'm thinkin' "Dawgrules...when ur inna hole, stop diggin'". Good one, Dawg*

Wulf <-- goin' back ta sleep

13. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Ok but before you pull the plug on this gem of a thread, let me add for Dawg's edification, that there are at three holster makers that can have a holster at your door step within 3 weeks (the first two like in a week). Yes for the MA1:

JMG (Jose)
    Custom Carry (Rich)
    AKJ Concealco (the MA1 has been added to their "Ready Line."

14. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Please don't pull it, it's the best laugh I've had all week.

Wulf's reply had me laughing so hard I woke up the rest of the guys in the station (firehouse for my US brothers)

Cheers Steyrclub

15. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Actually it was all a ploy to make us feel better the day after Thanksgiving - too much to eat and too much to drink. Admin! Throw us a Dawg every once in a while.

16. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    _______
    mugdava

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ouch

My Apologies to the majority, actually everyone except Wulf for venting my opinions. I was not intending to offend any Steyr owners. As for Wulf who can't spell Wolf, he probably does not know how to shoot since he seems to spend an inordinate amount of his time attempting to be a comedian. In my 60 years, I have seen a lot of funnier people. If you enjoyed it, then so be it. You can rest assured that I have been dressed down by many more powerful people and still stand unscathed. He is a rookie.... I hit General Krulac in the chest with a sea bag in Okinawa by accident, I was an E-6 Staff Sergeant but he didn't even blink while chewing my behind. After that I fear no one :D Enough here. Wishing all of you the Best of the Holiday Season.[/b]

18. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Dawg*, Sir :shock:

Beggin' your pardon, Sir, but you don't really have a very suave way of introducing yourself to a group, Sir? :shock:

And...

I am surely restin', Sir! :shock: But, I'm really not a power kind o' guy. <shrug>

Off the record and off the cuff, Sir, I woulda never thought you to be 60 yoa, though your words are chosen from the book of a service man and seem to be authentic, Sir. But, I can't seem to recall any of my friends and cohorts wingeing about something so petty, Sir. Ever, Sir. :shock: I apologize for not knowing with whom I was dealing, Sir, and hope that you won't head out, post haste. And, I'm no rookie, Sir...I'm a veteran asshole. ;) Hava great holiday season, Sir. :oops:

Semper Fi

Wulf <-- hadta work his way up the ranks from private asshole to major asshole...to general asshole...with no plans to retire :twisted:

19. heavymetalmachine

Maybe it's the holidays or all the beer I've consumed today but didn't all of us get pissed when one of us got sh*t on over at a Glock site???
    I know it was a little different but still...
    If I remember right I apologized when I joined for all the people that I will p*ss off just for my lack of proper wording.

I know I will probably catch hell for this but at least he bought a Steyr...

20. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, *metal* :shock:

I kinda had a bit of that feelin', as well, but then, I went back over that thread at GT again, and it was different. It was bab* that was the asshole that time. Now its my turn. <shrug> We all gotta take turns in this big ol' world. ;)

Wulf <-- still an' asshole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.