First sniper rifle

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by 66saab, Feb 5, 2013.

1. 66saab

66saab New Member

Just purchased my first sniper rifle. Steyr SSG 69P1 w/set triggers, threaded barrel, and 2 extra mags. Also has a Schmidt & Bender 10x42 PM fixed scope w/ P-1 reticle. This is my first toe in the water so to speak so I hope the $1800 was money well spent. Both gun and scope are in excellent condition and were purchased from original owner (less than 500 shots fired through gun) So far Iv'e been to the range twice and met some great people willing to give lots of helpful advise. I joined this forum to learn more about my rifle but realize now I will learn a lot more in a multitude of categories. Looking forward to learning from your well informed members.

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

Enjoy your weapon, you have a nice one!

3. doctordoctor

doctordoctor New Member

Awesome. i don't own a steyr rifle but I do own a Rem. 700 XCR with a Nightforce on top of her... Has let me hit steel at 1200 yards... I was lucky the conditions were perfect. Haven't had a chance to shoot that far at to collect any real data since the one time. I learned a lot by searching around and reading as much as I could. Tres Monceret writes very good articles. Very helpful in reloading stuff too. Have fun!