Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon everyone,

I just picked up my pistol license and am looking at snagging my first pistol. I'm strongly leaning towards the Steyr M9A1, just worried about some reliability issues i've been hearing on here. Have the latest gen models sorted that out? Do you think the steyr M9A1 is a good first pistol for a HD setting?

Regards

·
Registered
632 Posts
Caracal F or C, Steyr C9-A1, or a newer gen m9-a1 will all treat you great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There's not a finer full size 9mm than the M9-A1. This gun us very reliable and extremely accurate. If you've never shot trap sights, don't worry about it. Once you get used to them, you'll love them. These are not target sights, but quick acquisition fighting sights. If you get the triangle anywhere inside the two angled lines, you'll hit what you're aiming at. The thing field strips in about 5 seconds and is an extremely clean-shooting gun. The looks are all business with no extra levers and buttons hanging on the outside to get caught on stuff. I own a total of 7 Steyrs, and I can heartily recommend any of them.

M9-A1
M9
S9
M40-A1
M40
S40
M357-A1
M357

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great stuff guys. So much so I am putting in my order for my first Steyr m9-a1 this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll have to check out the range ammo threat that was just recently put up! Need some good 115gr for her

1 - 4 of 4 Posts