First One

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by bmitchell, Jul 27, 2007.

1. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

I bought an M9 this week. It is my first Steyr. I can't imagine how I lived without it.

Here is a photograph.

[​IMG]

That is all.

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya bmitchell :)

Welcome ta the club! :p Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

3. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

Thanks, Wulf. Hopefully I can find a range around here. I normally go to NC to shoot but I don't think I can wait that long.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Very nice - the M9A1 is my all-time favorite pistol. Let me know if you decide to build it up and need info on accessories, etc... :twisted:

5. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

Thanks, Syntax. I'll let you know. If BigTaco still has some guide rods I'll start with one of those. As far as some railmount accessories I need to wait a while. I'm not sure if I want to worry about additional optics until I am VERY comfortable with the traps (which I love). I don't really know of any railmount stuff other than lasers and flashlights, but if you know of something let me know as I'd like to utilize the potential.
    I've seen your piece and I like the twist flash; I don't think I am qualified to get threads though.

6. steyrile

steyrile Member

Eastern NC is especially Steyr friendly.
    Welcome to the club!
    Health, Peace
    steyrile

7. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Welcome to the party!

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:? :? :?

9. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

Not a legal issue here in GA I don't think, but I don't have a $$ permit.

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome. Love my M9. Hope to hear about your initial experiences.

11. madecov

madecov Active Member

Welcome aboard. but that aint an M9. It the M9A1

very nice weapon.

12. Dag

Dag Guest

Welcome

+1 The Steyr sights may just be their best feature. If they were available, I'd put them on all of my guns. Fast, visible, and accurate, what more could you ask for? Forget the 3 dot sights, forget the Heinie Straight Eight, forget any of the glow in the dark sights. If it's too dark to see your sights, it's too dark to positively identify your target. Use a good tactical flashlight. Sorry, end of rant.

Anyway, welcome to the Steyr addiction, and hope to hear more from you.

Dag

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If you're coming up to NC anywhere around Rockingham, shoot me a PM. I'd love to go shooting with a fellow Steyroid anytime, anywhere. There's a range at a 4-H camp near my home, $5 all day; plus my son has a make-shift range at his home near Pinehurst, which has the added advantage of being free! :mrgreen:

Congrats on the M9-A1. You're gonna love it.

14. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

Thanks for the correction, it is definitely an M9A1.
    My piece is very clearly marked "M9" even though it is obviously an M9A1. I, for one, am happy to call it a Steyr.
    I notice that the M40A1s have the "A1" designation inscribed on the slide, whereas my M9A1 does not. Is there a reason that mine would be missing this designation?
    One side note, my M9A1 was sold to me as a new gun, but the manual included in the box was VERY definitely the manual for the an M9, not my M9A1. Does anyone know of a reason for this?

Netfotoj, I don't know where Rockingham is, but I'll find out next time I'm headed to NC.

15. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Pay no mind to the slide markings - I'm not sure any of us completely understand the ryhme or reason behind how they mark these things. Most (all?) of the M-A1s come with a manual that features the original M.

16. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

Ok. I figured they either had a good reason or no reason.
    No reason is better than a bad reason.

Ben

17. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It's probably just not economically worthwhile to print an entire new manual with a couple of different pictures when the only real differences between models is the availability of a manual safety and grip design. Same goes for the slide - if they have surplus M slides available, might as well build with them.

18. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Welcome to the club!

You got me thinking so I went and dug up my manual. My manual is definitely for the M9-A1 and my slide markings are different.
    Sorry about the crappy first pic, I haven't cleaned it yet.
    edit: I'll post pics of the manual later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

Right, that makes plenty of sense.
    For some reason I thought I had seen an M-A1 manual somewhere but the validity of my memory in this matter is suspect.

Ben

20. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Rockingham squats at the intersection of U.S. 1 and U.S. 74, midway in the state between coast and mountains.

Y'all come see us, now! :mrgreen: