I finally got enough .38 Special loaded for a couple of matches, so I got out the new .40 S&W dies and shellplate for my Dillon and set it up. For my fiirst load, I just wanted to make up some ammo that would reliably and safely go bang, and head in the general direction of where the front sight was pointed. I have some Precision 155 grain RN/FPs, so I looked at the Alliant data for Bullseye (I have most a 4 pound can of it) and they show 4.9 grains for a cast lead bullet. I set the measure up for that load and loaded 49 rounds...would've been 50, but I mashed a primer. :roll: I went with 1.13" for OAL, and a .421" taper crimp. I took them to the range this morning and was pleased to see that they group well enough (seven of eleven rounds going into one hole at seven yards) and function perfectly. I didn't bring the chrono, so I don't know what the velocity is. My SWAG is about 1050 fps. I'm shooting a USPSA match Saturday and will chrono it there, so I can decide whether to sign up for L10 or Production. I know that some of the once-fired brass I used had been Glocked, and I'm glad that the Lee dies take the guppy belly out. This was my biggest concern with loading for .40 S&W. Now I just have to load the rest of the bullets I have.