First Gun, First Steyr

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by evrenay, Dec 16, 2007.

1. evrenay

evrenay New Member

Hello folks,

I bought my Steyr M9A1 a few weeks ago and fired 100 shots immediately after I bought it. Since then I didn't have time to go shooting.

By the way I am from Turkey and I must say it is goddamn hard to get a gun license (especially the one for carrying, as I get) here.

By the way I paid 3050 USD for my Steyr. Yes you didn't read it wrong and I didn't miswrote three thousand and fifty USD (in words) ofr a Steyr M9A1 whlie you get it for less than 500 USD. So please stop complaing :) .

As soon as I find out how to post photos I'll upload them.

2. evrenay

evrenay New Member

Also I have a question. It'll be a great help if you answer it. Since I really didn't have time to look for some fine gun oil for lubrication I took WD-40. Is it ok with Steyr or any other gun?

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

First off,

Welcome to the Club!!!! Glad to have you aboard!!!!

Second,

$3050 ?????????????? HOLLY COW!!!!!!!!

and third,

WD-40 is not really an oil so much as it is a "Water Displacement" fluid....

Not sure what you can get in Turkey, but some have even used engine oil for lube with good results....

Where in Turkey, may I ask, are you located?

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

NO, WD40 is only OK for cleaning, but not great.

Use motor oil if you are out of gun oil, works great.
    Straight non-synthetic 30 weight is best.
    Don't put any in the chamber. It will carbonize and gum it up. (failure to feed / extract)

5. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Oh My,

$3050

It looks like a new gold medal in the Steyr Price Olympics

New Zealand is kicked down to bronze!

6. rlwood29

rlwood29 Guest

I just received my new CDNN catalog and they have droped the price by $10. It is now $339 for a single M a1. Not to rub it in for the poor folks in the other places. IMO at the best deal on the others the Steyr is worth paying more for, but at these prices, this is unbelievable.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Jeeeeeezus! You could add up everything I have in my pistol and I don't think I'd be at $3,000! You must be one of the dedicated few, my friend - congrats on your purchase! :clap:

8. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

evrenay, for comparison how much does the Sarsilmaz M2000 cost?

FYI for other board members, it's Turkeys home made copy of the CZ75 imported to the USA as the Armalite AR-24.

9. NicoX

NicoX New Member

You would not be disappointed with it, I buy my S9A1 in u$s 930, and 2 month later I buy my M9A1

but U.. you are a crazy man!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

U have 9 US Steyr´s :twisted: :twisted:

Happy Shooting , and Merry X mas

10. evrenay

evrenay New Member

Hello BulletBait ,

I didn't find a model called M2000 in Salsilmaz's web site (have a look http://www.sarsilmaz.com an English version os also online). I suppose it is the Kilic 2000. But there are several types of Kilic that's why I ll give you the price range: 1300 ~ 2100 TL which is 1083 ~ 1750 USD . There are also silver and gold models with engravements. They are more expensive.

The offical web site of MKEK : http://www.mkek.gov.tr/foSilahSatisADO.aspx . You can see the prices for homemade and imported guns by yourself.

The currency rate between TRL and USD is 1 USD = 1,2 TRL.

I bought Stery because I thought it is light. Actually it is light but it is bulky and not easy to carry.

By the way can you advice me a holster ofr daily usage of undercover carrying?

11. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Yea, that got lost in translation. Thanks for the link.

Great guess! It's the Kilinç 2000 Mega 15+1 I was thinking of.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Hancer is an even closer match to what they sell here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are called the Armalite AR-24 and sell for between $400-$550
    So your nation's dealers and government taxes are increasing the price around X3 :shock:

12. evrenay

evrenay New Member

In case of imported guns such as Steyr x10 :evil:

It is also no teasy to get a licence even harder to get one to carry a gun with you.

How is this Sarsilmaz Mega compared to Steyr m9A1? I know it is heavier but what about precison issues?

13. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

I'd say the CZ clones are a little bit more accurate than the Steyr.
    Also generally more reliable.

Odds are the ergonomics on the Steyr will be better for your hand and the trap sights, once you get used to them, are much faster to get on target.

For follow up shots, I'd give the edge to the CZ clones in steel, but not aluminum.
    Then the edge goes back to the Steyr.

They are both very evenly matched IMHO.