Firefox bug

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Netfotoj, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If any forum users are using Firefox browser and have experienced your computer slowing down and even halting with 100% CPU usage, it's not your computer, it's a bug in Firefox. I first noticed it a couple of days ago when I had several tabs open and was forced to shut down Firefox, only to have it repeat the same problem upon reopening. I googled it today and the fix is to install the mozilla flashblock utility on this page. Once installed, all flash animations will stop, like the snowflakes at the top of every page, and you will see a "f" icon you can click to start the animation if you want to view it.

2. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Hi ya NetFoto,

Have been using firefox right along without much difficulty. Experienced some unavailability messages after recent site upgrades but that seems to have settled out, the snowflakes are falling fine and your bulletproof boy is still deflecting ammo. You do have to manually load flash & some other plugins with firefox, though.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

Currently messin around with the version 3.0beta without significant problem. Version 2.0 did seem to have memory leak issues from time to time and occasional lock ups so it will be interesting to see if 3.0 is more stable. Of course it still compares pretty favorably to IE. Ya might want to check out Opera and or Safari, too if you are in an experimentin mood.

Viva la differences.

3. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Thanks, I had this problem on another site the other day :)

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Hmmm - have I mentioned how great Opera is lately? :twisted:

5. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Tax
    I'm trying out the big O right now...

Thanks!!