Finally Got my S40 back from Steyr

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Well after about an 8 month wait I finally got my S40 back from Steyr. Well not exactly my Steyr S40 but a NIB replacement.

I have not shot it yet and am questioning if I want to keep it. Steyr still seems to be on the flaky side. They are not really setup yet but seem to be making progress.

I am not sure that this fine pistol will continue to be supported at the level that I like. I already sold my S9 out of frustration with the company. Any thoughts about the futrue or Steyr in the US? Any offers for a S40 with 2 mags and a custom right hand OWB Steyr holster?

Rellascout

2. bitman

bitman New Member

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Take it out, shoot it.
    Steyr is slowly getting it together. (europeans move slowly)
    But they will make it in the US market.

If it proves to be reliable keep it. The S40 is a moderatly rare bird.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I also sent my M9 for repair last week. I called Alan today to check on the status, he informed me that they changed lots of parts on the M9 but it still eject empties into the face.

An engineer from Austria is due in next week and he said he will show him M9 problem.

5. hiramabiff

hiramabiff New Member

If you have read my previous postings... you should know that I have the same situation... but here I am keeping my Steyr M9 and will be keeping it.... NO... I mean will keep shooting with it! You are in the US and I am in Manila. Got an e-mail from the US distributor that everthing should be up and running before the end of the year! That is good for you! They dont have plans of setting up one here in Manila but I am not even worried about it considering that a Steyr here cost more than twice of your prices down there! :wink:

For me, I think I just found all reasons for all those problems with the M9 and I am ready for it! Will be posting later what I have just found out, this should improve reliability. Stovepiping, FTE, out of battery, FTL should be a thing of the past. Thanks to this forum.

6. cagedruss

cagedruss New Member

Got my S40 back friday. Al had the gun for 2.5 weeks and replaced and looked over the gun free of charge. He was very friendly and helpful with the service. Highly recommend him and Steyr Arms Inc. I thought I was really screwed when I found the barrel had a factory flaw in it.

Took it to the range yesterday and broke in the barrel with 300 rounds. Shot flawlessly. Had 3 other range member shoot it also. All were impressed with the ease and accuracy.

Thanks AL!

7. madecov

madecov Active Member

Sounds like Steyr is starting to get the warranty center squared, or maybe trapazoided away :wink: