Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been contemplating a Steyr M since the original was released over 20 years ago. I happened across this like new 2016 production A1 at my LGS and finally got one. Factory threaded barrel, with box, and two mags. I ordered three more mags the same day. I love the ergos and the trigger though the grip is a bit slick so I might add a talon grip.

·
Registered
38 Posts
congrats it looks awesome

Talon grip is a great idea. It took one rainy 3 gun to convince me to slap that stuff all over my Steyr’s. The AUG’s specially. I even use the gear gripz on the beaver tail area and indexing points.
Once you get used to the sights and reset it’s like cheating. The recoil impulse just makes you want to run it fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How common are these with factory threaded barrels? It’s rare that I ever see one in a shop at all and this is the first one I’ve ever seen in person with a threaded barrel.

·
Super Moderator
421 Posts
Not very, but you may see a quick burst of certain models since Steyr does a lot of contract overrun sales with their pistols on different features

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was already eyeing 9mm suppressors for my threaded Glocks with RMR and suppressor height sights. Getting the threaded Steyr has made me shift more to looking at slimmer cans that would work with the factory sights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a heck of a find. I was wanting an A1 forever but never found the right deal. Picked up an A2 and really dig it. I would still grab an A1 if the opportunity presents itself.

·
Super Moderator
421 Posts
Where did you get the slide milled? From reading another thread here I didn’t think anyone did these?
So yes and no. L&M did a great job until he retired. Now there is fabricated arms and wright armory. Wright will do a HK slide so irons may be off. Fabricated will keep you stock irons and mill. Now I haven’t gotten mine back from them but I read a review from another with high praise. Mine should be here in a week or so and I can update on the A2 then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A few questions:

Any recommendations on where to get parts? I’d like to pick up a recoil spring assembly or two. Also, possibly a flush magazine baseplate. I bought a few extra mags but they are all plus size.

Also, any suggestions for light bearing holsters?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is a sweetheart for sure. I've seen some kydex holsters that work well. I don't know which model #'s. I'm sure someone here will chime in. That was a nice score. I may have to look into a threaded barrel for my A2. I haven't even had a chance to shoot mine yet. I'm looking forward to it. Nice to see you have your son out there shooting with you. I take my grandkids whenever I can. Fun fun fun...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the Club and congratulations, you bought/own a VERY fine pistol; once suppressed, even more so! The photo of your 12-year-old son preserving a Father/son shooting experience together is absolutely priceless. FYI certain A-1 series have been known to have a bit of an "erratic" ejection whether due to the extractor (since changed/upgrades), low-powered ammo or simply initial break-in, occasionally causing a spent cartridge-case to hit the shooter in their forehead or worse (ask me how I know) thereby reinforcing the caveat of always wearing eye-protection (in my case, saving me an eye injury). Again, you own a fine pistol, enjoy it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seeing the optics on the Steyr pistols is so tempting. I wish they would finally come up with an OR slide right from the factory. I run optics on a P320RX in X5 grip and my PDP compact. But in a way I don’t feel the need to as well. The triangle front sight, how pointable it is and the recoil make it so incredibly fast. I don’t want to give any of that up. I need to get out with a shot timer and run some drills to see the splits between them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello respected members, hope you all are doing well. I've recently replaced my old extractor with the new one and I'm a little confused about the steel module that comes between the extractor and the spring, at what angle should it be kept, I've kept the cut face out and the gun is working fine as of now, what do you guys suggest. Kindly refer to the attached pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello respected members, hope you all are doing well. I've recently replaced my old extractor with the new one and I'm a little confused about the steel module that comes between the extractor and the spring, at what angle should it be kept, I've kept the cut face out and the gun is working fine as of now, what do you guys suggest. Kindly refer to the attached pictures
Thanks brother

1 - 20 of 21 Posts