Finally a new Steyr M9 A-1 pistol /future of Steyr pistol.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ronin67, May 3, 2007.

1. ronin67

ronin67 Guest

I finally found a brand new Steyr M9 A-1 pistol. I traded in a H&K USP in .40 S&W to get it (my friend thought I was crazy for trading in a H&K for a Steyr). I just wanted to get my hand on at least one Steyr M9 A-1 before they dissappear from exsistance all together. What is going on with Steyr pistols anyway? Are their new Steyr pistols floating on the horizon or is this the end of Steyr pistols all together? :(

Take Care and God Bless!

Ronin

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

There are new pistols and new designs on the horizon. M-A1s are readily available from CDNN and Davidson's Gallery of Guns, and we're expecting an assortment of S-A1s to make it state-side sometime in the next few months. Congrats on your purchase, and don't feel bad. If I were hard pressed, I'd give up my USPc .45 SS in a second to keep my Steyr. :twisted:

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

While I would love to own an H&K pistol, my hands are small and I have trouble with the reach on many handguns.
    The Steyr is probably the best fit for my hands of any handgun I have ever owned.

I also shoot it the best of virtually any handgun I have ever shot. Steyr seems to be re planning the way business will be done in the USA.

I would imagine sometime this summer we will see the SA-1 series. I'm hoping that we see it followed by an LA-1 series and then a re issue of the MA-1 series.

4. smores

smores Guest

Even at $350 a piece from CDNN? :wink: Honestly, I think the USP fits my hand better. I handled one the other day at the shop for the umteenth time. That thing just feels so good in my hands... I mean, the M40-A1 does too, although it's a bit on the small side. Better to have a gun too small than too big (size-wise that is) IMO.

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

While I love my Steyr :roll: , I'd always take the USP first! 8) I have a full-size USP 45 that converts into a Match/Custom Sport clone. Even w/o the bells and whistles it's a brilliant firearm. For the money though(even at $500 a pop!) The M-A1 is hard to touch. Only my HKs and Sigs rate higher than my M357-A1. I've recently acquired a Para LDA Nite Tac from my brother and the Steyr rates higher, IMO!

_______
    mugdava

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I just couldn't do it... The trigger is so god-awful on my USPc that I just don't enjoy shooting it as much. So ya - even though I have over a grand invested in my USPc, if I had to choose one, I'm taking the Steyr. (Then again, I have over $2k invested in the Steyr :lol:)

Still, stock for stock - I'm taking the cheaper pistol because I think it is the better pistol, at least in my hands. Even if it's $350 vs. $750, I think the enjoyment I get from shooting my M9A1 is worth the $400 trade-off. YMMV...

7. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Hey, Syntax. When you start talking price difference remember that the CDNN price is WAY below msrp for these pistols.

That having been said...

Even looking at msrp the Steyr is the cheaper gun but after having shot both right out of the box it definitely wins my vote.

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Can we all agree to substitute the word "cheaper" in these posts with "Less Expensive"?

:D :D :D

Cheers!

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I have an HK.........they are nice, but considering the blockey feel, IMO les then desireable trigger, high price, scarcity of parts and no aftermarket accesories............ :? Your Steyr though less expensive is a higher developed concept pistol, newer design and very well machined, better then Glock machining....IMO...........I have three, and keep thinking I NEED another. :shock: ya right...............I think you made a good choice as long as you got a good deal for the HK.......................... :wink:

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I have always shot the Steyrs better than the USP or 2000. The price difference is so great however, it makes you think you should want the HK.

11. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The price and the namesake.

No aftermarket accessories for the H&Ks? What about the LAM? Or the B&T quad rail? There are accessories, but they usually cost as much as, if not more than, the pistol itself :lol: :p

12. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Compared to a Glock, not much to be had........parts, are somewhat difficult to get and install, dissembly is complex compared to Glock or Steyr.........
    barrels??.....

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I had friend with a SOCOM 45 who hung a suppressor, tac light, laser, and one other do-dad that I forget. He had something around 5Gs sunk into this monstrosity, and I could shoot my Glocks way better than that HK.