Final recall for Caracal?

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Urban_Redneck, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I received a letter today from Caracal asking for the return of my F that was a replacement for my original F that I purchased a few years ago. They'll will swap a brand new, improved Caracal F + goodies (Due April, 2015), or buy my pistol and accessories back.

Anyone get one of these?

2. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

What were the issues?

Bittrich

3. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

Same old issues that affected the C & F "Do not fire the pistol" yada, yada....

I think I am done.

4. jhb

jhb Member

Yep. Couldn't get the letter cause went to ups today to get whatever caracal sent me....but ups folks couldn't find the keys to open the lock box. So went to caracalforum and they have a thread talking about it.

Someone said they called alabama and they dont have new pistols yet. Im not sending mine in until they have stock. I love this pistol....but this has gotten beyond silly.

I call it true or stupid love cause otherwise i would have thrown my hands up by now and moved on.......

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

So wait... Are they recalling the pistols that were issued during the last recall? Or did I read that wrong?

6. jhb

jhb Member

You read it right. They are recalling the replacements from the first recall debacle.

Here is the the letter....

[​IMG]
    Terrible pic but its late and im worn out.

While it may seem the way the letter is written that i never returned the first recalled pistol.....i had returned it for the replacement i currently own. Which is the serial number they are now adding to the recall. Hence they are now recalling the replacement they sent me from the first recall. It is what it is......i guess.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds kind of great to me - buy a Caracal and they'll upgrade you to a new pistol every year. :lol:

8. jhb

jhb Member

funny, and would almost be true, but.........

i was told.....the american steyr group/company isn't going to deal with caracal anymore after they fulfill their contract on this deal with caracal.

9. Walk Soft

Walk Soft New Member

I got the same letter a couple days ago, but I never returned my C.
    ImageUploadedBySteyr Club1427853551.734239.jpg

10. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Talked to Caracal today looks to be mid June before any pistols are available.Got the same letter myself by not giving up my last Model F.

11. mudpie

mudpie New Member

I got that letter last week. I too will not be returning my Model F until Caracal can guarantee a quick turn around and they have replacements in stock.