Feed jam

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guufball, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Guufball

Guufball Member

Greetings All,

Was at the range today and for the first time since I've owned my S9, I had a feed jam. Before anyone jumps on me with an ammo issue, I've put the same ammo through it since I've owned it.
    One thing I have noticed - since I owned it - is that if I have to remove a chambered round and I rack the slide, the round will usually not pop out. Most the time I have to lock the slide and pop the round out with something. When the round does manage to go when the slide is racked, said round drops straight down. I never had this problem with my Sig. A friend of mine has the Smith M&P and he has never had a problem like this either.
    Has anyone else her had a similar problem with their S9, or is there an issue with the extractor in mine?

Thanks,
    G

2. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Member

Sounds like an extractor issue....but it could still be ammo related, does it do that no matter what kind of ammo you use?

silentheart likes this.

3. SurfGent

SurfGent Active Member

Id say extractor

4. Guufball

Guufball Member

I've put the same brand of ammo through it since I bought it new - Speer Gold Dot. I've put around 900 rounds through the gun and like I said above, if I want to remove a chambered round, I rack the slide and said round almost never pops out.
    If this is the extractor, who do I need to take the gun to?

5. SurfGent

SurfGent Active Member

Call steyr in Alabama

6. Guufball

Guufball Member

Hmmm, ok, thank you!

7. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Member

If all you’ve ever used is Speer Gold Dot, try another type of ammo to see if it does the same thing when you rack the slide to clear the chamber, but as Surf said, give Steyr a call, they’ll either walk you thru adjusting the extractor or recommend replacing it (they may ask you to send it in to them as well) Other wise find a local gunsmith (ask around for recommendations) and let them look at it.

8. Guufball

Guufball Member

Ok, I registered with Steyrarms.com and after I login and attempt to submit my problem to them via the contact page, I keep getting a message saying "crm.zoho.com says to enter the correct code". There is no code listed anywhere on the page and nothing in the "welcome" email that the site sent me. Anybody wanna field this?

9. RWW

RWW New Member

Why not try calling them?

10. Guufball

Guufball Member

On a completely unrelated topic, back in the early days of this website someone here had a very unique setup for their first generation M9 pistol. Said setup had a stock, barrel extension and if I'm not mistaken, a small scope for the M9. Can anyone tell me where to find the pics for that? I should have downloaded them at the time, but didn't. Thanks.

G

11. Guufball

Guufball Member

I did, nobody home.

12. Guufball

Guufball Member

I just thought of another possibility, but I might be off base here. I cleaned the whole gun again and while inserting a mag and attempting the chamber a round, it wouldn't load. Is it possible that there's a problem with the mag springs?

13. b_minus

b_minus Active Member

I think this might be the stock you’re talking about:
    http://igbaustria.com/Web2011/Produktinfo/PPS/pps-en.htm

14. Guufball

Guufball Member

Ok everyone I have a resolution to the problem and I do apologize for not posting it sooner, Jeff from Steyr down in Alabama got hold of me and sent me a completely brand new extractor assembly first class mail, absolutely free! When I gave him the serial number of my S9-A1, he said, "Oh yeah, you definitely need a new extractor." Anyway, the new assembly was installed and 100 rounds went through it without a hiccup, problem solved!

15. Garatshay

Garatshay Member

Good to see Steyrarms representing the brand so quickly and well..

SurfGent likes this.