Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Since you bought it used, you prob don’t know how many round the previous owner may have shot through this c9a1. My guess is the recoil spring May be weak after all the shooting.
I assume you have field strip and done basic cleaning.
Option 1 is to take the entire firearm apart and do a detail cleaning then lube it with light grease. Some will suggest oil.
2 if issue continue, get a new recoil spring assembly and it hope it would be good.
good luck.

· Registered
349 Posts
Yea I cleaned it and it goes into battery every time no issue. My main issue is this happened last time I went to the range. Cleaned it after I got home and went into battery no issue. Then after this previous range day that I talked about in the original post I went home cleaned at and boom…goes into battery no issue. Seems like this always happens after a range day and I’m not sure why. If it persists after another 100 rounds I’ll order a new recoil spring assembly from steyr and see if that helps. Mildly annoying as this is my edc at the moment
Just a suggestion. If you can’t get a replacement recoil rod assembly free from steyr usa, consider the guild rod assembly from big taco. I have one in my m9a1 since I bought my m9a1 new and never had any problem.
Good luck.

· Registered
349 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts