Failure to go into battary

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by drsmith58, Oct 9, 2006.

1. drsmith58

drsmith58 New Member

So I go to the range today to work on getting rid of some bad habits, consistently shooting at 7:00 o’clock. Fired 150 rds of 180 gr. UMC no problems. The next 100 rds of the same ammo I had 3 FTFs, the slide failed to completely go into battery, luckily the primer strikes were light. It happened on different magazines, but was either the last round or next to last round. Reloaded the miss fired rounds back in a magazine and they fired fine. No issues with slide failing to lock back on the last round fired. I did try to push the slide home but: 1) the slide did not move forward, and 2) the striker had all ready released.

Any thoughts?

2. drsmith58

drsmith58 New Member

Forgot

Forgot to mention it is a M40A1

3. hud

hud New Member

sounds like the problem I had with my S40 to begin with. I was running it too dry. After lubing it a little more I haven't had a gliche. Good luck!

4. ShelbyV8

ShelbyV8 New Member

Sounds like you began to get tired and started limp wristing. As the magazine gets empty you will get more recoil. Keep the weapon well lubed and a firm grip with a locked wrist until the gun is broken in.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Steyr's are very hard to limp wrist.
    The way the sub frame is set up the gun has less flex than other polymer guns making limp wristing less of an issue.

I think the gun needs to be well lubed and broken for a while before you can consider there to be a problem.