Facts to ponder...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Deluxe247, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

-D

2. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Nice Stats,

Speaks volumes and pretty much blows the anti-gun debate out of the water. I have some other facts some of you fans of foreign firearms such as Steyr, HK, FN, etc. may find interesting.

IN 1955 U.S. FIREARMS MANUFACTURERS SOLD 556,000 FIREARMS FOR THE DOMESTIC CIVILIAN MARKET WHILE ONLY 15,000 FOREIGN FIREARMS WERE IMPORTED AND SOLD THAT YEAR FOR SALE.

BY 1958 THE NUMBER OF U.S. FIREARMS SOLD IN THE DOMESTIC CIVILIAN MARKET FELL TO 405,000 WHILE IMPORT SALES THAT YEAR INCREASED TO 200,000.

1958 MASSACHUSETTES SENATOR JOHN F. KENNEDY, A STATE HOME TO MANY FIREARMS MANUFACTURERS, INTRODUCES A BILL TO PROHIBIT THE "IMPORTATION OF FIREARMS ORGINALLY MANUFACTURED FOR MILITARY PURPOSES." THAT BILL IS DEFEATED.

IN 1961 SENATOR THOMAS DODD OF CONNECTICUT, ALSO A STATE THAT HOSTS MANY U.S. FIREARMS MANUFACTURERS, BECOMES CHAIRMAN OF THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON JUVENILE DELIQUENCY AND THROUGH THAT SUBCOMMITTEE INTRODUCES WHAT WILL LATER BECOME AFTER YEARS OF DEBATE THE 1968 GUN CONTROL ACT. THAT ACT WAS THE FIRST OFFICIAL BAN ON FOREIGN RIFLES THAT ARE NOT "GENERALLY RECOGNIZED AS PARTICULLARY SUITABLE FOR OR READILY ADAPTABLE TO SPORTING PURPOSES.

Now, someone tell me that the import restriction of the GCA of 1968 wasn't motivated by money. As we know the GCA would later lead to the all out ban in 1989 of the Steyr AUG and many, many other weapons.

3. alagator

alagator New Member

I can just see those juvenile delinquents saving up their lunch money to buy an AUG.

4. revjen45

revjen45 Member

If American companies can make Uzis, Kalashnikovs, and HK knockoffs why not an AUG?

5. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

bushmaster does make a "bullpup" ala aug knockoff

6. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Yes,

Its kind of ironic that the worlds first assault rifle the STG44 was invented and produced in Germany and yet today HK, a German Firearms Manufacturer, can not sell their G-36 series of assault rifles in the United States.

Think about it, Germany invented the assault rifle and the same gas operating system they created is now used in many American civilian assault rifles available for sale while they are excluded from importing their assault rifles.

I find it even more ironic that while the politicians see fit to push for free trade agreements with 3rd world nations they refuse to allow European allies to sell firearms within the United States. In other words, when its in the interests of the rich for free-trade in taking advantage of cheap labor the politicians are all about opening markets. However, when it comes to allowing ordinary Americans to take advantage of their 2nd Amendment rights they are against free trade.

I love America, but sometimes I have serious doubts about our politicians motives.