extractor question

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by opto_isolator, Sep 16, 2007.

1. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

The pin that is behind the extractor - its not flat on the end (it has a slight bevel). Does it matter which way this bevel is facing in relation to the extractor? (ie, should it be facing out, or towards the frame, etc)....

I had some more issues at the range today - virtually every casing failed to extract. When I got home, I disassembled the extractor, cleaned it again, and reassembled it. Not sure if the extractor pin needs to be installed in a specific fashion.

2. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

Good writeup, but why is it important??

3. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I thought you were asking about the info on page 7.. Sorry....

4. rosebud

rosebud New Member

On page 7, it says that the smaller beveled side of the pin should be toward the outside of the slide.

I checked on my M9-A1 and it is a rounded pin though, so perhaps the newer models don't have the beveled pins anymore.

5. nuj

nuj New Member

the 1st gen. steyr m-9/m-40 has a beveled extractor pin, the newer version m9a1 as a rounded pin but the m40a1 has the beveled pin. i tried removing the extractor on my m9a1 but it seems it does want to cooperate with me. the extraction of the spent casing goes everywhere, left, right and even at times on top of my shooting cap. i read once that you must put a piece if o-ring the size of the extractor spring diameter inside the spring itself inorder to give it more tension during extraction. as for the removal , well i'm still trying to remove mine :)
    hope this will help or you can try asking our moderators regarding these.

6. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

The bevel should face out.

What kind of ammo did You use?
    _______
    mugdava