Steyr Club Forums banner

Ever have get togethers?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Bittrich 
#1 ·
Do Steyrclub folks in Washington State ever get together for shooting?

Bittrich

#2 ·
Probably at the Pink Pistols meetings...

Heh heh heh. Farging Washington. It's properly called Northern Oregon!

#3 ·
Champion Arms in Kent is doing steel plate shoots every Thursday night. I did it last night and it was a blast.

$10 is all it costs. You practice from 1800-1900. Then double elimination shooting from 1900-2200 (2-3 total matches).

I lost my first round to a Des Moines LEO just off shift (G22 vs me on a G26) but then rallied to be a final 4 shooter. I shot against the LEO again and we both shot clean rounds but I was a few tenths behind.

I only stayed for the first match and left at 8pm. In total I shot 111 rounds.

Its cheaper to shoot this competition then to rent a lane! Worst case you will get 6 total rounds plus all the practice you want in the first hour.

I should be there next Thursday... in a pink hat.:thumbsup:

#4 ·
rayrevolver said:
...Its cheaper to shoot this competition then to rent a lane! Worst case you will get 6 total rounds plus all the practice you want in the first hour.

I should be there next Thursday... in a pink hat.:thumbsup:
Cool. I soooo wish I had started competive shooting earlier. My shooting skills have gone up dramatically, but the pure fun factor is what keeps me going. I still enjoy an hour of standard range accuracy practice, but shooting fast on the clock is a hoot.

#5 ·
I am in the Tri-Cities. We have awesome ranges here. Maybe when the good weather returns, I'll get back into IPSC with my M9. That would be a good test for the Steyr, and I seriously doubt if the guys have seen one compete in the competition around here. Need to get my Bladetech setup if I am going to try it though. If I end up going that path, I will keep you guys posted. :thumbsup:

Bittrich

#7 ·
Thanks for the info on Champions ray. I might have to look into that when i find some free time and spare change o_O

It doesn't appear to be many Steyroids here in WA; at least not registered ones.

which one of the tri-cities do you live in Bit? my aunt lives down that way. =P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.