Evel Died Today

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Wulf, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

2. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I want to tell ya'll a story about Evel (I didn't meet him) that brings great memories of my childhood. Some of the members are too young to remember not a remote control. There were five channels on VHF (what's VHF) and one channel on UHF (What's that?). My brother (before he died, I was young then also) and I argued which movie was the best. You oldies remember the tv remote was your kids. We sat close to the television, not because we couldn't see, but the reach for the channel knob was closer. I think it was a Saturday night and my whole family (poor police officer's family) gathered around the only TV in the house. I argued that the Planet of the Apes (Charlton Heston) was the best of all, but my brother Paul introduced me to Evel. The Evel Knevel movie changed my life, sometimes not in a healthy way.

I have so much respect for him and the balls to take a challenge and attempt it not matter what the consiquences are. My prayers for his family and Robbie during their time of grief.

Thank you Wulf for allowing me a chance to open up for this moment and allowing me a memory of my past that I forgot about for soooo many years.

This is one time I can't think of anything funny. Memories are photos that never made it to print.

Thank you,

MTS

Okay I lied about nothing humorous to say. I just started a new website. For some great blogs, click the link below.

http://www.mts-blog-that-no-one-cares-a ... n-beer.com

Thank you for, good night, Elvis has left the building.

ME!

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

link no good.....

:cry: :cry: :cry:

4. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

:twisted: :p :twisted:

Ooops, it was a bad link. Intentionally :twisted:

I just wanted to put a cute spin and invented a way to fake website (tongue in cheek). Throwing in a fishing line to see if anyone would catch it. This is funny. I was hoping to catch some newbie instead of you babs. Not my intended target of fun, but funny none-the-less.

I cant meet a lot of you, but feel you are my friends. Kinda like a inmate sending of pen-pal letters to Russian women he hopes to marry.

Maybe my next website will be...

http://www.maybe-one-day-MTS-will-get-a ... -alone.com

Anyone want to visit that site also, (No babs :lol: )

See ya my friend,

MTS

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Thanks MidTN.....

I think I need some sleep....

Good One...

:wink: :wink:

...and...

R.I.P. Evel

God Bless

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Maybe this isn't the right time to ask, and if it's not, forgive me Wulf. You used the below photo on the thread for members to introduce themselves. I think that's Evel's son Robbie in the jump suit and I've often wondered if that's you in the center in the back of the crowd with the sunglasses and the white bandana? I guess you used that photo because you're in it?

[​IMG]

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Hard to believe he made it to 69
    RIP