Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a dec 2013 ..L9A1 i picked this gem up from a police detective..who is sponsered by STEYR in alabama and he hand picked this from their plant there..he only fired 50rounds through it, and i got one hell of a deal..gun,box,docs,5 17 round round maga and a killer custom..gladius holster(kydex)..and a new midway range bag..for $430.00....WOW...anyhoo i went to the local outdoor range and put 100 rounds of cci blazer brass 124 grain fmj through it and it functioned flawlwss..i was impressed and i love this weapon..being a glock guy and living in ga..(glock country)..been to their faciilty in smyna ga several times...i know this gun is the (glock all grown up)....i assume you fellow members kniow this gun was designed by former glock employees....when glock resigned the gen2 to the gen 3 ..2 guys wanted to make signifigant chancges to it and glock said no..so they went and made the l9.etc..anyways...from what i have seen the slide on the l9 is beefier then the glock 17 fatter etc..its the sizes of the glock 21 and even then its rails are fatter and it being a moduler pistol it is even more killer........

so after knowing all of this i knew the EXTRACTOR,SPRING, AND PIN...WERE REDESIGNED AND I ASSUMED THE WARRANTY DEPT..IN ALABAMA WOULD SEND ME THESE PARTS FOR FREE.....I CALLED THEM AND WHAT SUCKS IS IT COST ME 35 dollars SHIPPED UPS.......NOW I HAVENT HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE EXTRACTION BUT FIGURED I WOULD UPDATE THE PARTS .......

SO LONG STORY SHORT......NOT FREE...BUT WORTH IT I GUESS.......

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have a dec 2013 ..L9A1 i picked this gem up from a police detective..who is sponsered by STEYR in alabama and he hand picked this from their plant there..he only fired 50rounds through it, and i got one hell of a deal..gun,box,docs,5 17 round round maga and a killer custom..gladius holster(kydex)..and a new midway range bag..for $430.00....WOW...anyhoo i went to the local outdoor range and put 100 rounds of cci blazer brass 124 grain fmj through it and it functioned flawlwss..i was impressed and i love this weapon..being a glock guy and living in ga..(glock country)..been to their faciilty in smyna ga several times...i know this gun is the (glock all grown up)....i assume you fellow members kniow this gun was designed by former glock employees....when glock resigned the gen2 to the gen 3 ..2 guys wanted to make signifigant chancges to it and glock said no..so they went and made the l9.etc..anyways...from what i have seen the slide on the l9 is beefier then the glock 17 fatter etc..its the sizes of the glock 21 and even then its rails are fatter and it being a moduler pistol it is even more killer........

so after knowing all of this i knew the EXTRACTOR,SPRING, AND PIN...WERE REDESIGNED AND I ASSUMED THE WARRANTY DEPT..IN ALABAMA WOULD SEND ME THESE PARTS FOR FREE.....I CALLED THEM AND WHAT SUCKS IS IT COST ME 35 dollars SHIPPED UPS.......NOW I HAVENT HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE EXTRACTION BUT FIGURED I WOULD UPDATE THE PARTS .......

SO LONG STORY SHORT......NOT FREE...BUT WORTH IT I GUESS.......

They did supply those parts for free years ago. I did my L9 and IIRC an S9 as well. I sold the S9 to fund an S40 purchase that I converted to .357 sig and haven't had any trouble with extraction with the 4 pistols I own since.
They are fussy guns, not all 115 gr ammo will work in my L9. The other 3 are all .357 sig and I have shot less than a box of factory ammo through them because I reload.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I never did have an extracting issues in the first place I just figured I would upgrade it to the new and improved parts but I only shoot 124 Grand through it it's never had a problem with anything I put through it

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I never did have an extracting issues in the first place I just figured I would upgrade it to the new and improved parts but I only shoot 124 Grand through it it's never had a problem with anything I put through it
My L9 liked 124 gr Aguila, Blazer, S&B, and that Winchester 124 gr NATO stuff. I remember it not liking Perfecta and UMC green box. Once I started reloading it was never an issue again. My go to for loading now is either 124 or 147 gr bullets in both the 9mm and .357 sig.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
If you dont have an issue they wont replace it free. There were many extractor issues with the original M pistols, mine never had one and after 50,000 rounds it still hasnt. Its more dependable then my glocks….doesnt limp wrist like glocks and has less felt recoil. my biggest complaint was they dont sell spare parts. Hopefully they do now but i dont know. The hardest part i ever changed out was the mag release which rusted here in florida. Avoid it if possible and use a large plastic bag when working on it. If you loose that small part they wont like giving you another!!!! TN Steyr gave me a hand with it but i found an easier way to install it.

Reactions: Case
1 - 5 of 5 Posts