Episode III

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RangerM9, May 19, 2005.

1. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

Saw Episode III at 12.04 am last night....this will be my last midnight showing of films....but damn it was worth it!

if you are a Star Wars fan.....let me just say....Lucas pulled it off!....it really turned out great.....a few moments of not so great acting, but on the whole....very very good entertainment.

8 out of 10 stars in my book...

2. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

So tell us, what happens to Anakin? :-k :mrgreen:

I've heard good things about this one, I'll probably catch it some time next week. I hate crowded theaters.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Without the long lines or midnight hour start times I might add.

BTW, don't say a thing about anything, please! :wink:

4. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

No spoilers here

Not to worry...I will give nothing away spoiler wise....

i'll just say that it is one of those film you will need to have on DVD just to catch everything....some of the action is just so fast you can't absorb it all in the theater.....at 2 AM....after a full day of work....ok.....go see it on a sunday matinee...you may do better than i did....lol

5. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

just PLZ tell me it was better than the last two :?

especially episode 1 ](*,)

6. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

oh yeah!

it is right up there with Empire....i would say 2nd best of the 6 movies....

7. jnclement

jnclement New Member

As long as Jar Jar isn't in it, it will be an improvement. Or, if Jar Jar is in it, and gets exploded, that would be good too.

Someone asked what happened to Anakin, are you serious? 8O

8. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

EXACTLY! [-o<

-D

9. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

I saw in the trailer that Darth Vader is in this one, and it's about time. Where the hell was he in the first 2 movies? :lol:

10. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

:wink: :roll:

11. BurningDog

BurningDog New Member

I read somewhere else that a guy's boss who had never seen starwars before treated their office to a showing of the movie.

While walking out of the theater, the boss asked "I wonder if they're going to make a movie about those twin babies now?"

12. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

PERFECT. The only way to describe George Lucas's Episode III "Revenge of the Sith" is "PERFECT." The movie was very dark and is perhaps even abit film noire. I didn't think that the acting was subpar as many critics have claimed and was very moved by many of the scenes.

I grew up with Star Wars starting when my father took me to see Empire Strikes back in the theaters. My family didn't have much money, but between my father and grandfather I had every Star Wars action figure and vehicle. All my birthdays were Star Wars theme birthdays up until the age of about 9.

I took my father to see "Revenge of the Sith" tonight and it was a deeply moving moment to watch the end of a movie saga that really had great influence on my sense of right and wrong as a child. I sincerly hope too watch all six episodes with my son someday as my father has with me.

NOW THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE.

13. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

it was much better than episodes 1 or 2.

acting on some of the mushier scenes was so-so. But man when he went dark it was believable. No cutesy comedy routine crap in this film.

14. Matches

Matches New Member

I hope to see episode III either tomorrow or wednesday. I want to see it before school and all the kiddies get out. Last day of school here is wednesday.

Matches

15. mccosgrove

mccosgrove Premium Member

Much better than 1 or 2. Answers a lot of the hanging questions left from the earlier episodes. The circle is now complete!!! :)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Hard to see Vader getting emotional. 8O

17. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

Yeah, it was kind of odd to see Vader getting emotional, but at that time he was still young and very emotional. The Vader that we all knew had 20 years to mature.

18. Matches

Matches New Member

It was those emotions, rage, anger etc, that lead Anakin down the path to the dark side and ultimately Darth Vader.

Matches