Eotech X3

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by Ibuz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Ibuz

Ibuz New Member

Hello

Does anyone have experience with eotech and magnifier? Does it work? Finnaug has aimpoint x3, but it flips left...could it be mounted so front, that flippin right it would not taken ejecting cases? Maybe with butler creek cover or something.

Dont wanna loose eotech, it's great. But need something for shootin small targets +300m.

Current set up

[​IMG]

2. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Bad a$$ looking rig there...

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Could knock them down at 300 m by just scaring them.

4. some_finn

some_finn Guest

Does you AUG eject forward? Would the mag be in any danger even if it flipped to the right?
    At least my AUG ejects more to the rear than straight to the right, so the right flip mount would work just as well with my rifle.
    Actually I got the left flippin' mount because I tried it first on my G3, which ejects extremely violently to the right front and with that rifle the mag might have been in danger with the flip-to-right mount.

The mag has a certain eye relief like a normal scope so you can't just mount it where ever.

Of course there are also quick detach mounts for the mag like Aimpoint's own twist mount.

5. Ibuz

Ibuz New Member

With my AUG it depends on ammo. Pretty much all comercial ammo ejects quite slowly 1 clock. Even with higher pressure setting on gasplug. Military loads and some selfmade stiff loads eject 4 or 5 clock. As well as steel case loads.

I have some marks on cases in front of ejection port. Nothing compared on marks at back, but still some.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I get one, and see how it work. I can always put in some other gun. Quick detach would be just fine, but can't use one in IPSC.

Thank for replyes, especially some_finn

6. tombirdman

tombirdman New Member

Re: Eotech X3 + Magnifier

:cheers:

I have a railed MSAR STG556 E -4.
    I have the EO TECH that uses the N cell batteries. Rater than buying another EO TECH 3x { EXPENSIVE } flip to side magnifier, I bought a MAKO 5X magnifier and found a flip to side mount elsewhere. The side to which it flips depends on how you set it on the rail. It is no big deal to have it flip to the left or right !

Mako makes 3X, 5X and 7X magnifiers that co-witness with the EO TECH.

They cost from $125.00 to $200.00.

They also have a focus adjustment that EO TECH " DOESN'T! "

Mako can be purchased on Ebay, directly, at Midway Supply and many others.

Go to the internet an type in MAKO !

:cheers:

Tom