Eotech VS. Aimpoint

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by TacticalAug, Jan 24, 2007.

1. TacticalAug

TacticalAug New Member

Recently I was thinking about buying a Steyr USR rifle from somebody . So I start looking for a deal on the optics and ran into this web site. www.kleyzion.com. and saw the deal they have on Eotech 552. Since this is my first time purchase on an optic in that price range of $350.00 to $400.00 and thought that you guy might want to tell me which one is better. Eotech or Aimpoint???

2. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

I have an EoTech on my M4A3 and can shoot groups of 3-4" at 200 yards from prone and using the 30-round magazine as a monopod with Radway Green milsurp ammo. Not too bad.

With that said, the battery life on the EoTech is around 200 hours. In contrast, the battery life on the Aimpoint is something like 50,000 hours. You could almost turn it on and never turn it off... Should I need optical sight for another project, I'll probably go with the Aimpoint M3.

Regards.

3. some_finn

some_finn Guest

It's really one of those things that are in the end just a matter of taste, some people prefer one, some the other. Both are quality optics.
    Of course the correct solution is to get one for another rifle and the other to put on another rifle :wink:

4. IRONCROSS

IRONCROSS Guest

Have both, I would say with the eotech target aquisition is faster than that of the aimpoint. But if I shoot at distances- the aimpoint is better than the eotech.

It depends on what you have in mind - If your going to be shooting close quaters- go with the eotech-

Both are very nice- and you will not go wrong with either one.--

If you were talking about

BSA and Aimpoint that would be easy.

Make a list- do some research- keep asking questions and if all else fails buy both. Good luck.