EO Tech

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by TheGuyver, Mar 13, 2006.

1. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I just bought an EOTech model 552 AA Holo sight for my Bushy, anyone have any experience with this sight? Is it all it's cracked up to be?

[​IMG]

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Probably should have found out first :lol:
    I haven't heard any bad reports on this sight......used by the military in Iraq/Afgan.............I'd like one myself.........I have a Triicon, but this one is on the list..........good shootin 8)

3. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I've already read good reviews on it, and it came highly recomended by a good friend. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of it. :)

4. RiceCakes

RiceCakes New Member

DONT USE IT!!! Instead, QUICKLY ship it to me! For, umm, inspection....purposes...yes.....

HURRY!! You think I'll inspect them FOR FREE forever???

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

So what did this little jem cost you ????? ................well worth the price i'm sure...............

6. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

$429

I could have done with the $369 model 512 AA, but the 552 was all that was in stock, and after spending almost 1800 dollars on the rifle so far, what's another $60.

7. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

LOL, This one has already been inspeced by Inspector 13, hehe.

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

So I always say................why not get the next best thing !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
    So you got the better one :!:

It's probably better, so what's better in this model then the cheaper ( :wink: ) one...........?

9. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

This one is night vision compatible, and water resistant to 33 meters, not 15, as is the 512.

10. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

I've had my EO-Tech 552 for over a year now and I love it. I use it on my M-forgery that I constructed and I am constantly adding too. I've gone on long, long hikes in Michigan's UP with the gun and the lens never fogs and is well visible in all kinds of lighting (dusk, dawn, etc.). Its a very tough sight.

You can also break the glass on the EO-Tech and the holographic sight will still display and still be on target from what I am told. I've seen some of the EO-Techs get busted up bad and still work (try saying that about any other holo sight). The great thing is that if by some act of God you can break the glass on the holosight they replace it for you free of charge.

However, why it is night vision capable I have not had the chance to use a night vision sight with it yet. If you mount an ANPVS-14 behind the EO-Tech you wont have room for a rear flip-up sight though.

Good buy, worth the money in my opinion easy to sight, easy to use, and almost impossible to damage.

11. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Well, from what I gather, you need a long rail, but if you put the night scope behind the 552, and hit the button, you can see the recticle when you look through the scope. And with the 552, who needs flip up sights?

12. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

If the battery fails ???

13. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Not likely, that's why I want the AA model, it uses AA batteries wich have a 600 hour, continuous use, life span in this device, with standard alkaline batteries. Wrap your fingers around some lithium AA's, and you can kick that up to 1100 hours.
    (This is at the highest setting of 12 BTW)

But, lets just say the worst happens, the country goes into civil war, hell brakes loose, the lanscape is turned into a lawless wasteland, and you are ready with your little arsenal. But, the batteries just went dead on your EOTech scope. You might have dificulty finding a type N battery, but you opted for the AA model, it was a little more, but all you have to do is crack open the nearest remote control, and you have new batteries. :twisted:

14. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

:lol: I was going to mention our serene envirnment and the unlikelyhood of the event you scripted !!!!!!!! and those batteries that you had stored for 10 years :twisted: just ended it life cycle leaving you with the need for pop-up sites.......... :evil: