Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the PW Arms imported M9/-A1 hybrid pistols. I put 100 rounds of Blazer aluminum thru it with zero malfunctions. However, it likes to throw the cases back toward my face. I was surprised that I didn't find it distracting but all the same is this an ejector issue or possibly due to the light cases, or a Steyr charecteristic? Nothing I cant live with to live with probably the best pistol I've ever owned, but. If something can be done about it Id like to.

I need to get some tractiongrips and 17s and it will be perfect. I like 127+p+ Ranger Talons but got a good deal on a lot of Critical Defense and Zombie Max that I need to try out.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
It's a pretty common complaint. For some, the fix is replacing the extractor with a newer version that Steyr Arms Inc. could provide. Others have had more luck doing the 1911 plunger spring modification - this increases spring tension on the extractor and provides for a more positive, consistent ejection (and hopefully corrected away from your face).

·
Registered
632 Posts
My c9-a1 which would have the newer extractor in it does it as well on occasions.

I was wacked in top of the head a few times and a couple times in the face.

Gives me a good laugh in all honesty.

But all the time would get annoying.

I wish I understood more about extractors.

Though when just cycling ammo though the pistol without firing, the ammo ejects properly.
So, by my idea, the extractors on these guns are too aggressive?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts