Ejection part Changes M9-A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Pepperpopper, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Pepperpopper

Pepperpopper New Member

Does any one know when Steyr started putting the improved ejecter parts into the M9-A1? Sereial #s. Thanks.

2. nuj

nuj New Member

steyr ma1 model does have some minor ejection problem. if this the problem you're asking, well, the case usually goes places and not in one place. i think the spring inside is a bit soft. i tried making it stiff but my gun still eject to the left, right, in front , over my head and at times on top of my shooting hat, if you can find a much stiffer spring pls do so or ask our moderators about it

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

There is no official word on when they swapped over. It does seem that the CDNN pistols come with the older design...

4. BadAndy

BadAndy New Member

Are there pictures on this site of the old ejector and the new style? My M40-A1 likes to throw brass straight up in the air. First time at the range with it I was trying to figure out where all this white stuff was coming from in the air. Then I noticed my brass was smacking the ceiling tile above me :doh:

5. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

6. BadAndy

BadAndy New Member

7. nuj

nuj New Member

hello,
    i was just wondering if its really the extractor that dictates were the spend shell would go or is it the ejector? i have seen some modification on a 1911 ejector from my shooting buddies who complained about erratic ejection problems. they would either make the ejector small by removing some metal or by bending it a little much like a glock extractor. i haven't tried it on my M9A1 but the thought crossed my mind.