Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I'd run into this problem, but I'm a belt line sorta guy, and didn't even think about it because I'll usually carry for cross draw when I carry a pistol, but... My EDC stuff is right where you'd normally holster an IWB solution.

does anyone do Cross-draw IWB?

I don't really wanna move my knives to the left side, cause I'm more likely to draw a knife and use it for Everyday tasks then to draw my gun to hammer a nail.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
There is always the small of your back or maybe an ankle holster. I've never seen an IWB crossdraw before.

Bittrichh

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Get a left handed IWB on which you can reverse the clips or the belt loops. I've got an AJ Concealco IWB holster, which I converted to OWB by doing just that with the loops.

The alternative is to buy some leather from one of the online shops and start some leather crafting. At least when I was a Boy Sprout, we did leather work, I don't know about now, but it's not that hard and you can really customize what you need. This is unrequested advice - YMMV. Plan on using 5 nights. You can get awls and needles from some of the leather vendors, or from a knife supply shop.

There's also a tutorial here on the site for working kydex, should your tastes run in that direction.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
MY 22a1 S&W needs a kydex holster, 7 inch barrel is hard to buy for.

So I already have plans to make a kydex holster.

Working with leather is something I'm proficient at. I just don't care to do it, its a lot of work.

I'm not quite following your idea on the Left handed holster.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping more people had info to share on this.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I agree with the lot of work statement - my Dad used to work as a lineman for the Telco - too many years ago - and he made himself a tool belt by hand, because the ones supplied by SW Bell didn't fit him right. He worked on it for months. It was almost bulletproof, it was such a heavy chunk of leather - as a 7 year old kid, I could barely hold it up.

Forget the left handed holster - it requires you to find one with a vertical barrel position - then reverse the position of the loops. That would put the butt of the gun forward rather than back. The problem with that is that to use it when seated in a car, you need the barrel tilted to the rear. Long ago I had a custom Bianchi cross draw holster for my Colt Python, it was great when you were driving.

BladeTech OWB holsters have holes which would make it easy to turn it into a cross draw, but it's OWB so that won't work for you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the lot of work statement - my Dad used to work as a lineman for the Telco - too many years ago - and he made himself a tool belt by hand, because the ones supplied by SW Bell didn't fit him right. He worked on it for months. It was almost bulletproof, it was such a heavy chunk of leather - as a 7 year old kid, I could barely hold it up.

Forget the left handed holster - it requires you to find one with a vertical barrel position - then reverse the position of the loops. That would put the butt of the gun forward rather than back. The problem with that is that to use it when seated in a car, you need the barrel tilted to the rear. Long ago I had a custom Bianchi cross draw holster for my Colt Python, it was great when you were driving.

BladeTech OWB holsters have holes which would make it easy to turn it into a cross draw, but it's OWB so that won't work for you.

Honestly, I'll probably make my own holster, I'm fussy.

The tool belt story was cool. I've never made my own tool belt. I make bags and such like that. Pouches, card holders, wallets.
I just buy the tool bags. haha.
My belt line kit screws with my framing tool belt though, Gotta situate everything just right so it doesn't hurt.

So, at least one person in here has carried crossdraw.

Problem with carrying right side is i'll walk crooked cause all the weight will be on the right.

Carry knives and quick tools on the right, carry phone on the left. Just never EDC'ed a pistol, so trying to figure out solutions.

I guess If I got it settled just right, it would work.

The biggest thing Im going to have trouble with is not tucking in my shirt.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I carry my Taurus 851 in leather IWB crossdraw holster. I find it to be a best solution while driving and sitting in the office. At 11 o'clock it is always easily accessible with both hands and due to the size completely concealed.

I carry Steyr on the right side in IWB leather holster at 1 o'clock. I find it uncomfortable to carry at 4 o'clock, especially while sitting.

You can check out some ebay holsters and adjust them to you needs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concealed-H...ltDomain_0&hash=item19cdd6f0c6#ht_2501wt_1344

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEYR-M9-A1...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e6d789692#ht_500wt_1361

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INSIDE-PANT...ultDomain_0&hash=item5644e28aaa#ht_2440wt_905

1 - 8 of 8 Posts