E-Bay is Cracking Down Even More in August

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Syntax360, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Just FYI -

I realize that E-Bay has never exactly been "gun friendly", but this could spell trouble for a few of our resident reloaders. I happen to know more than few who buy brass and components on occasion from E-Bay. It seems we must all suffer for the sins of a few... (what's new, right?) :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

they really should move to gunbroker.com

hope my favorite ebay supplier does :?

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

....%*#@^%*#%% IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

...more "rulez" to make us safe!!!!!!

Some days you just wanna give up!!!!!

:? :? :? :?

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

have not used e-Bay, will not use e-Bay

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

My thoughts exactly!
    They think We are sheeple, incapable of rational thought. :evil:
    I'd like to raise a middle finger in honor of ebay. :wink:
    _______
    mugdava

6. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

well, i certainly agree with the one fingered salute sentiment.

sadly, they base their decision on some liberal notion of weapon parts being inherently dangerous and argue that since these dangerous devices could be used on fellow ebayer's they feel obligated to restrict them.

perhaps, we should let them know about the potential dangers of hammers and motor vehicles and toner cartridges so they can stop facillitating the sale of these potentially dangerous devices too.

fortunately many ebay sellers do not share the corporate philosophy and you can still get some good deals.

heres a fobus holster for an S series.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STEYR-Model-S-3 ... dZViewItem

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i'm pretty neutral on this. i mean, it is their business and they can do what they want.

we can vote with our dollars.

gunbroker will begin to eclipse ebay among firearms owners and unless a new federal regulation prohibited sale of firearm related components via internet, will become firearms owner's new auction site.

it is funny that they bring up the VA tech incident. i mean, tech had iron-clad gun control. no guns allowed on campus. period. how could guns be any more controlled? and it didn't stop the killer. that he may or may not have gotten this or that from ebay is inconsequential.

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

I'm notta big intellectual type, but in my convoluted way of thinkin', I blame the crackdown of firearms freedoms more on political ambitions, a partially obscured legal system and liability smoke-up-my-ass bullshit*. Put another way, "The 3 L's"...Lawyerin', Lobbyin' and Lyin'. :roll: My $.02 worth. Hava great week. :)

Wulf

9. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Dont ya know BT? When all those *criminals* see those "No Guns" signs posted, well, they just walk away. Of course they dont want to get in trouble with the law. Its not like its a free buffet of anything :roll: :roll:

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

A BIG +1, Wulf. It's always about benefits the politician first and foremost, then usually what benefits the party, and sometimes they stop to think of what benefits the country (though not usually).

11. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

How does this Halprin guy walk with his knee jerking so violently all of the time?

Ebay/Shmebay, with Gunbroker, Gunsamerica and Auctionarms I won't even miss them.

They have six pages of beer bongs that encourage the illegal and excessive consumption of alcohol by minors, but I can't buy a magazine for my Sig 232.

Buzz

12. breechplug

breechplug Guest

It must be an all female company since they clearly have no BALLS!!!!!

13. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

ebay outlawed "balls"

14. Ratel

Ratel Guest