Duty holster found

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by madecov, Apr 19, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

I went over to the local Police supply store to check some holsters for the MA1 series pistols.

My new department requires High Gloss for class "A" uniform (long sleeve shirt and tie) used in formal occasions. (court, meetings, funerals etc).

In Class B and Class C we can wear anything. I've been searching and searching for a nylon duty holster with a level II or better retention.

Safariland makes a holster for the old Steyr M series, and it can be modified to fit the A1 (I have done this).

After checking almost every holster in the store I found one that fits 99.9% perfect. It has a level II retention, and it also fits my new unfired unqualified M&P 9mm.

The Uncle Mike's Pro 3 retention holster in size 28. It's labeled for the Smith & Wesson Sigma :?

The H&K holster fit tight, but the grip was bad.

Guess when I order my new nylon duty belt I'll order this holster.

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Good news for wider Steyr adoption

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Your continued pioneering in the duty holster department will surely save other members the headache down the line. Good work, madecov!

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Here's a pic, Guys. Good find, *cov :)

[​IMG]

Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

I would much prefer that Safariland make 2-3 models to fit the A1 series pistols as they are head and shoulders above anything made by anyone else.

Hopefully Steyr will be able to get a decent sized Police Department contract and that will force one of the better holster companies to make something for the A1.

I'll take some pictures when it's in and the belt is assembled.

6. amishrakefighter

amishrakefighter New Member

Bianchi

I tried a Bianchi made for HK USP and it fit pretty good. Only problem is that it has the thumbstraps and they don't fit perfectly. They leave a slight gap (<3/16") above the back of my M9-A1. Probably can get it to fit if I adjusted it. The Bianchi SW99 Sigma fit as well, but pretty tight and part of the trigger guard was exposed. Over all, I would use the HK holster if it didn't have the Thumb-break on it.