Driving Crossdraw Holsters

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Senshi, May 1, 2018.

1. Senshi

Senshi New Member

Interested in something similar to the DeSantis Criss Cross. Are there any other, more mainstream pistols, that can share a holster? I have the S9-A1. Not enamored, with waiting on a Craft holster. That may, or may not show up. After waiting a couple months.

2. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Member

Not 100% sure if he makes one for the A1 (or just the original) but the UBG Phaetos 3 slot can be worn strong side or cross draw 4 to 6 weeks according to his site runs $65 or you might check with Fist Holsters, they make a driving holster that is supposed to be pretty nice...it's a niche pistol, going to require a niche holster and while you may find one that will "work" it won't have proper retention and isn't worth the aggravation in the long run

Senshi likes this.

3. Senshi

Senshi New Member

I appreciate the input. Great firearm, deserves a better representation from the aftermarket. Thx again for your input...

4. rut3556

rut3556 New Member

>>Interested in something similar to the DeSantis Criss Cross<<

I just picked one up for my S&W Shield, but haven't worn it yet. Looks to be well made etc. The good news is it shipped immediately, unlike the 8+ weeks I've waited for other "custom" holsters.

Senshi likes this.
  5. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Member

Falco Holsters makes one.
    https://www.amazon.com/Steyr-S9A1-Cross-Leather-Holster/dp/B06XYGWXN6

UBG list's the M series but notes if your gun isn't listed contact him and he'll see if he can borrow a mold or pistol to make the holster.

Fist does list Steyr as guns they make holsters for, but it's not entirely clear if they make them for the SA1. They list the guns as:
    MA1

9/40

M series

S series

So I would contact them and check to be sure if your interested.

http://www.fist-holsters.com/storag...pel-12h-159i-160l-167-177-189-212-detail.html

If you scroll down there's a video that demo's the holster.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Senshi likes this.
  6. rut3556

rut3556 New Member

>>Fist does list Steyr as guns they make holsters<<

I was a big FIST fan once upon a time, but I found that the finish did not stand up well to scuffing etc.

Senshi likes this.
  7. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Member

I've heard others say the same thing, personally as long as it's not a "bbq" holster, I don't really care if they look used/scuffed up as long as retention isn't affected.

Having said that, one solution would be to use a leather friendly "clear coat" that will help protect the finish.

Senshi likes this.