DPMS pics

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by aubie515, May 19, 2007.

1. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I just finished using Norrell's OD on my Badger handguard. I used Magpuls black ladder rail guards to accent the color of the handguard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

flipping sweet!

3. smores

smores Guest

I'm slowly starting to want an AR, and I like what I see there :)

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

5. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Thanks.

I have been tired of black firearms, so I needed to add some color to my stuff. For a while, every firearm I bought I was doing in OD, My wife got tired of the OD look, so she suggested other color options. It appears that FDE is this year's OD.

Black is Whack.

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i never liked ar's. until i realized you could get one without the handle!!!

the flat tops like SOOO much better.

a 24" stainless barrel in .308? it's not really even an ar anymore, but it's something i've just gotta have!!

black is boring. i think if we made guns pink, the anti's would leave us alone. but that color is definitely working.

7. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I wouldn't go as far as refinishing in pink, but some people have for their daughters or wife. Not my thing, but hey it's their weapon. I don't mind the carry handle, but the flat tops are easier to add optics.

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

A while back at the range a bunch of members of the Pink Pistols (gay gun rights group) came in with pink jackets and "Pink Pistols" embroidered on the back. I checked when they were shooting: all black pistols, no pink. :(

9. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

To each his/her own. As I dislike black, some may like pink, so what the heck. Why not personalize your firearms, even though it may be different to sell down the line.

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i was being phecitious (sp?)

ironic that everything was pink but the pistols. every 16 year old with a civic knows how to dye plastic.

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Pink rifle anyone?

[​IMG]

Keystone Sporting Arms/Crickett Single Shot Rifle, Model 226S, 22 Long Rifle Caliber, 16 1/8" Stainless Barrel, Pink Laminated Stock

http://bulkmail.tgscom.com/t.aspx?n=160&l=628

12. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Excellent AR!

I've been trying to decide on an AR for quite some time and from what I've been told DPMS is a fine way to go. In fact, if a DPMS Panther Tuber is still at my local shop when I walk through the door in an hour I'm going to make a Panther Tuber mine. http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9928 ... berws5.jpg

Buzz

13. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I had a pre ban DPMS years ago when I got out of the Army. I sold it to a friend, but I never had any issues with DPMS.

14. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Well, I won't be getting any sleep tonight. Tomorrow I pick up my DPMS Panther Tuber. Wednesday I put it on layaway as I knew some funds wouldn't hit my account until tomorrow morning. That has given me some time to savor the anticipation. I think Aubie's post and photo got me to finally pull the trigger on an AR. DPMS seems a good way to go. A buddy of mine who was at the Shot show this year had brought me back a DPMS catalog which I have since re-discovered, the best darn crapper reading around. I've been storing away AR mags and .223 for my Bushmaster M17S so I'm good to go.

C'mon sun-up!

Buzz

15. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Dang Buzz!!!!!

I thought I was on the fast track, but you've been acquiring weapons at a blistering pace!!!

Man-O-Man.... I wanna come over ta yur place and play!!!!

Can Buzz come out and play???

:D :D :D

16. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I'm afraid time is running short.

Remember, remember, the 4th of November.

Buzz :(

17. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Not sure if you know, but my DPMS is a 308.

If you are in the market for more AR mags. I'd look to the Magpul PMags. They are my favorite mags by far because of how easy it is to take apart for cleaning.

18. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

That is a serious piece of machinery!

I've been using mags that are bought converted with Magpul parts, the gray enhanced self-leveling followers. I then add the ranger floor plates. I love Magpul stuff and use their speedplates for my 9mm and .40 Glocks.

Buzz

19. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

The Magpul gen 2 followers are nice, BUT the PMags are the cat's meow in terms of AR15 magazines. They are made out of polymer and take some serious abuse that aluminum mags wouldn't survive. The PMags will be offered with windows, so you can see your round count. Mapgul is also releasing a smoked clear mag as well.

20. smores

smores Guest

smoked clear FTW. I have smoked clear mags for my AK (technically, Arsenal SLR-106FR) chambered in 5.56x45mm. It's nice at the range, I can just look down and see what I have left. Plus it just looks badass all loaded up ;)

[​IMG]