Don Hume IWB f/M40

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by DKHAN, Mar 12, 2006.

1. DKHAN

DKHAN New Member

Good news ! I hit the gun show today and saw my fav holster vendor.I told him I wanted a sig239 holster to try out for my M40. He suggested the 228/229 model instead and it fit like a glove. In and out one hand draw and reholster w/out any problems. I also had two offers to buy my gun,they were selling around $399 used today. Of course I did not sell but bought more ammo instead. Although the best deal was found on gunbroker,122$ w/ship f/11 boxes of SXT (black talon w/out lublaox) :D
    Anyway if you like Don Hume stuff or IWB try out : H715-M #30-1;Right Hand,Open Top. Lable says it will fit Sig sauer 228,229,229R,229R DAK.

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Cool, next gun show I'm going to see what Hume stuff fits.

Then order form a distributor :wink:

3. DKHAN

DKHAN New Member

Hume website has the holsters for 28$ plus s/h ($8). My vendor at show got me for $30. I got my last on of these for 1911 at ebay for $20.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

I'm more interested in belt holsters.
    Also since I have an account with several wholesale distributors I can get the holsters for a bit less. :wink:

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Not a bad price too. I wonder if all the sig 228-9 models of holsters fit the M series..........? Since the 229 and M9/40 are two of my main guns that would save me some $$$$$ and headaches trying to find Steyr specific holstering..

6. srfl

srfl New Member

My duty gun is a SIGARMS P229; as such, I have a number of holsters for the gun.

My "test" M9 only fit in one of my holsters, a Galco belt slide holster. The other holsters I tried were a Ted Blocker LFI IWB, Desantis Model 65 paddle holsters and some generic Turkish made holster I purchased during one of my military deployments.

Despite the M9 fitting in the Galco, my agency's policy mandates a thumb break device on our holsters, so the M9's longer rear prevents the thumb break from snapping in.

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Thanks for the update srfl, at least maybe the rest of Don Hume may fit, due to their use of the same mold (? maybe), but I'll have a gun for it wether it fits or not :lol: