DOJ Calif - Steyr certification expires 1/24/08

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by ChickenDinner, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ChickenDinner

ChickenDinner Guest

All calibers of the MA-1 expire on 1/24/08. The SA-1 expires 2/8/08. Has anyone heard if they plan to renew their listing?

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Call or e mail and ask.

Sales may not be high enough to renew until new imports start.

3. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

I spoke to Jack and He said He would look into it. The only problem is if it falls of the list it isn't coming back because as of Jan 1 2007 all pistols newly added to the list are required to have an LCI and a Mag Disconnect. Pistols on the list before Jan 1 2007 are not required to have these features, which currently the M-A1's are. As long as the approval is renewed before the due date, things stay as they are, M-A1 series pistols remain available to Californians.

If You are in California and are worried about the M-A1(or the S40-A1!) falling off of the CA DOJ list give Jack at SAI a call!
    _______
    mugdava

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Once again, The Sheeple's Republic of Kalifornia shows why it Bl0ws dead rhino crank to *exist* there.

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

As of today, M9-A1, M40-A1, M357-A1 and the S40-A1 are all on the CA DOJ approved list for another year!
    _______
    mugdava

6. mrboma

mrboma Member

So Mug,
    When can I have the S9-A1 ?? Seems kind of stupid it's not approved when the .40 is.
    Regards,
    Mike

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Gotta find one first!!!!!

:D:D

8. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Mike!

Unfortunately, never!

Unless,

a) You move out of state for a while, purchase one and then move back to California w/ it!
    b) Some unlucky sap moves to California w/ one and sells it to You!
    c) LEO's are exempt from the CA DOJ list w/ a letter. ;)

And like Babj said!
    If Steyr(or the importer at the time!) would have submitted the S9-A1 to the CA DOJ before January 2007 and paid a yearly fee to keep it on the list, it would be there now!
    _______
    mugdava

9. mrboma

mrboma Member

Thank you gentlemen...
    Headed up to the mountains for the weekend with a bunch of hyper excited trout fishermen.
    : (
    Needless to say, I will be forgeting (oops) my fishing license. However, the Steyr, Colt, Springfield, Ruger and Hamerelli will be joining me on this trip. Will be nice to finally get some range time with the competition holster I got from NicoX out in Uraguay and ring out the .22's

Mug,
    Not too far away from the Southern Cal fishing trip. I will be in touch prior for a range trip.

A great weekend to all.
    Regards,
    Mike