Does anyone carry S9-A1 or S40-A1 daily?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sjwatson, May 16, 2012.

1. sjwatson

sjwatson New Member

Does anyone carry the S9-A1 or S40-A1 daily?

2. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

close enough, i cut my M-A1 grip down to take S-A1 mags....

3. Pelagius

Pelagius New Member

Yes as often as i can.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

4. Pelagius

Pelagius New Member

Wait sorry misread that. My edc is a m40-a1

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

5. roberev

roberev New Member

Yes, the S40-A1 is my only carry gun nowadays. I have finally shelved the Glock 23 and 27 indefinitely.

Depending on the situation, I carry my S40 either in a Smart Carry or a Remora holster.

I just discovered the Kangaroo Carry holster on the Internet and am debating whether to give it a try. I wear a suit every day to work, but routinely take off my jacket.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

6. Keltyke

Keltyke New Member

I have carried the original S9 daily in the past. Whatcha want to know?

7. JBeechel

JBeechel New Member

I'm an S40-A1 every day guy.

Did you have specific questions?

8. Dax

Dax New Member

I have carried my C9 many times. I purchased a *lovely* owb holster from Blade-Tech, and can highly recommend them. My only "complaint" is that it profiles larger than I prefer for a side carry. I have a CC shirt where the gun is Velcro stuck under the arm, and it works nicely. I have an order being verified with Cleveland's Holsters (A new user/business here on SteyrClub) that is making IWB holsters. And to be specific, he is making one that supports the C5L green laser from Viridian which I have. (Always learn to use your iron sights first, without fail!)

I look very, very much forward to getting it from CH. I want my Steyr for my daily carry and I carry every day I step foot out of my house.

9. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I'm carrying cross draw on my c9-a1 and the only time you can even catch I have it on me is when the Grip end sticks forward on my shirt a bit. Being cross draw, its a bit harder to hide cause the grip doesn't follow your body profile.

C9-A1 for those who are not familiar is Full size grip, compact slide. Which the S-A1 IIRC is a compact all around?

10. cleveland

cleveland New Member

We've also sold quite a few holsters for the S-A1, C-A1 and M-A1.

Being in a constant state of product development I don't carry the same firearm/holster all week, but I have carried the S-A1 and it's a fine carry choice.

11. Boregard

Boregard New Member

I carry a S9 IWB SOB. No issues with full length shirt.

12. misterlarry

misterlarry New Member

13. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

I cut down my extra M9 and put the 40 slide on it. And at least one extra Smith M$P mag too!

14. Branth

Branth New Member

I CCW my C9-A1 with a Viridian C5L all the time - Whenever I'm carrying a firearm, mostly. I use a custom molded rig from Cleveland's Holsters, and it works really well for me. I have to be careful that my shirt doesn't ride up when I bend over, and it's a bit heavy with the light attached, but I don't ever have to feel outgunned with 18 rounds of laser-guided Gold Dot goodness.

15. Dax

Dax New Member

Hey Branth,

Just wondering, did you mean green dot, or actual gold dot. (Never heard of a gold dot laser before!) I carry the same C9-Viridian C5L and a Cleveland's Holster.
    Yeah, just had to ask!

Dax

16. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I believe he means his ammunition - Speer Gold Dots.

17. manChild_762

manChild_762 New Member

If I'm wearing cloths, I'm carrying my M40A1.

18. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

I'm carrying an S40-A1 as my EDC right now. I alternate between it and a Bersa Thunder.

19. Branth

Branth New Member

Syntax has it. My ammo (Speer Gold dot 124gr +P) is laser-guided.

20. unit1069

unit1069 Member

I don't carry it daily, but when I do I feel very confident having my S9-A1.

The only 9mm pistol I've shot with better shooting characteristics was the M9-A1 I traded for the S9-A1.

"Size matters", especially with CCW, and the S model fit the bill much better for me.