does any one use there ma1 for competition

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by eazyeddie, Apr 17, 2007.

1. eazyeddie

eazyeddie Guest

any one use it for idpa or ipsc and how do they perform in comp

thanks

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

A few members do/have, but I don't personally have any experience. It probably would have been better to post this in the Competition Shooting forum...

I think the traps would be great for IDPA, but I'm having a hard enough time supporting the new acquisitions/ammo part of my existing firearms hobby.

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I use my M9 in IDPA.
    It is better for me than the Glocks and 1911 I have used.

4. mccosgrove

mccosgrove Premium Member

M9-A1 In Competition

I use my M9-A1 and S9 in the local IDPA/Tactical League where I shoot. I have used both of my Glocks(G17L and G34) and have only shot the courses clean twice. I have shot my M9-A1 the past two weeks and have had clean runs both times. My Steyr's are the best natural point shooters I have ever used. It is to bad that more people are not aware of the Steyr's atributes. Everyone I have let shoot one of my Steyr's has raved about them and then gone and bought one! I consider them my edge over the other competitors. Mike C.

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I use my M40 and M40 A1 in local IDPA and Steel Challenge. I'm starting to prefer them to the 1911.

6. Just_watching

Just_watching Member

I use my M40 and in IDPA and L&E-competitions. I got 3rd place "Alpine" L&E Championships 2006 (Austria/Swizerland/Italy) includes 25 handgun-Stages.
    I went to competition with brandnew PT-sights on (I din`t shot this set up before the competition). Me ....... was very impressed, more than the other competitors. it works perfect especially in low-light-situations (I got the high-score).
    Swiss officers with SIG`s was far away, winner was an austrian soldier (SF / Jagdkommando) with his personal back-up-gun (G30).

7. SELFDEFENSE

"(I got the high-score).
    Swiss officers with SIG`s was far away, winner was an austrian soldier (SF / Jagdkommando) with his personal back-up-gun (G30)."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good shooting. Get the kommando next time.

8. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

I use the M9A1 and S9 in IDPA.
    The first time I shot on Ayoob's squad his first words to me after "load and make ready" were "EXCELLEBT choice in weapons, i"m surprised I don't see more steyrs in IDPA. They seem so well suited to it" then... "give me a nod when your ready"

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Cool! I have an IDPA match this Saturday, and my M40A1 will be in it.

I've decided to blow off my "I'm shooting for accuracy and and thinking about tactics for training reasons" and this time shoot quickly in an attempt to win each stage. We shall see what results from that!

Ben

10. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Tested today with MA1-40, at local IDPA. Won 2 stages. Overall, I got 3rd out of 14, and a blue ribbon for lowest points down. I prefer to think of it as "First in Accuracy, 3rd in Speed". Heh heh heh.

I clipped the edge on a head shot, and should have put another one in. So my "shoot fast" needs a bit of work

Cheers,

Ben

11. SELFDEFENSE