do not order from wideners

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by khoff, Apr 20, 2012.

1. khoff

khoff New Member

on April 7 i ordered from Midway, Powder Valley, and Wideners. My midway and powder valley orders where delivered by April 11. i just got off the phone with wideners and they said the haz-mat orders are 3 weeks behind. now mind you that i only ordered in-stock items and everything i ordered from midway and PV were also haz-mat orders. i just got off the phone with wideners and they said my order might go out at the end of next week. now i have the patience of a WOODEN INDIAN but this is TERRIBLE SERVICE. If it were my money i would not order from wideners and I NEVER WILL AGAIN. They allready charged my card on the 11th and by law are not to charge cards until items ship. this is a shady outfit to say the least. Pay a couple extra bucks and get your supplies ANYWHERE OTHER THAN WIDENERS!!!

2. khoff

khoff New Member

the sad thing is this is the only forum i belong to so any of you out there who belong to other forums might want to spread the word. i fully expect by the time they get to my order it will be OUT OF STOCK. then it will be a GIANT PAIN IN THE A55 to have my money recredited to my pre-paid debit card when if i had just gone with midway or PV i would have no worrys. WIDENERS SUCKS and i am beside myself with "fear and loathing".

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

I'm really sad to hear of your problems with Wideners.

In the past I've ordered from them and had good service. Lately I've been ordering from Graf & Sons, Midsouth Shooters Supply, and Midway. I also buy from 10 Ring here in Houston, it saves me the Hazmat fee. They're about 10% more than Midway for most stuff, and it sure saves the hassle of waiting for it. Then again, the only Hornady stuff I could get there was the die wrench, and ten die bushings. Win some, lose some.

4. khoff

khoff New Member

thanx for the compassion ETH77. I figured i could at least "count on you". there is no where that i am aware of within 50 sq. miles of me that sells reloading supplies. heck, the nearest gunshows when they come around are at least 50 miles away so its like "i have no choice but mail order". and after LEVON HELM's passing yesterday I AM IN A FOUL MOOD.

5. plisken

plisken New Member

sorry to hear about your experience with wideners
    I pretty much went with midsouth and never had a problem. think I have used graf and sons and midwayusa also without a problem

live and learn.

6. khoff

khoff New Member

i have never ordered from midsouth. maybe i should start.

7. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Good folks to do business with in my experience. After Brownells, they're my go to site.

Brownells is tool type stuff - I love the catalog, you can learn a ton reading about things. I bought the full set of Gunsmith Kinks - calm down y'all, it's about bedding...stocks and stuff.

8. khoff

khoff New Member

i get the new brownells catalog when it comes out. they are great for tools and such. i also luv reading it just for all of the esoteric and arcaihic information.

9. Steyr Spartan

Steyr Spartan New Member

I feel your pain on waiting for your items to arrive, but its not the end of the world.. I have ordered from Wideners with no issues to speak of. I waited over 5 months for one custom holster before..that was a REAL pain in the ass. I'm sure you are anxiously awaiting your order, but it hasn't even been a month. Wooden Indians have the patience that transcends seasons, you haven't made a dent in Spring lol.

10. khoff

khoff New Member

and, after checking today, the primers and powder that i ordered are out of stock. i called they said IF it goes out it won't be till next week. order anywhere other than wideners. they charged my card on the 11th, and all i know is that what i ordered is not here and is not in stock.

11. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Sounds like the electronic company I work for. Their online sales are horrible.

They pull online sales from the stores, so the shipping times suck.

12. khoff

khoff New Member

this is 2012 not 1958. i demand 2012 service. wideners acts like 1950's service is acceptable because it is an election year . i do not care if they are behind -HIRE MORE TEMP HELP, STOP TAKING ORDERS TILL YOU ARE CAUGHT UP. their web site says 10-12 days delay. well it has been18 days and now the site says all that i ordered is now out of stock. i am out 400 bucks do not have what i paid for and am beside myself with disgust for these lowlife CRIMINALS. PASS THE WORD DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE LAZY IRRESPONSIBLE CRIMINALS. if they can not or will not do what it takes to get the job done then they DO NOT deserve our buisness or our MONEY.

13. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Unfortunate, yes. Criminal, no. The beauty of the free market is that you are free to take your business wherever you please.

14. khoff

khoff New Member

another day and nothing. and we do not have a free a free market system here in the usa. just try starting an honest buisness . and i WILL NEVER take my buisness to wideners ever again.

15. khoff

khoff New Member

another day, another zippo !! nada. nothing. one more week will be a solid month. on April 7 ,the day i ordered, the home page said 3-5 day shipping delay. 10, ten days after i ordered they changed the sign to 10 to 12 days shipping delay. well hell that was 10 days ago. tomorrow will be the 21st day.election years suck and i got news for you all, neither canidate is a friend of the 2A. stock up while you can cause with a slash of the pen it can all become contraband.

16. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

So is thread going to be a daily status update on khoff's pity party? Instead of crying to us, how about you pick the phone up and contact Wideners and demand some sort of resolution? Or perhaps get a refund and take your business elsewhere...

17. hulagu

hulagu New Member

Widener's gave me good service on all my orders. Shipment was prompt and merchandise as advertised. My $.02

18. khoff

khoff New Member

finally arrived. 24 days. that is unacceptable service in this day and age. allthough wideners is all out of the WC-844 powder after some reaserch i found a site called hi-tech ammo that has WC-844 powder in stock for the same price 85.00 dollars for 8 lbs. which is an outstanding price for 8 lbs. of rifle powder. no pity here thought i might supply some very relevant INFORMATION to those who live off the beaten path and have to get all their reloading supplies on line. service counts for something in this OVER-INFLATED time.

19. Steyr Spartan

Steyr Spartan New Member

Glad you finally got your cake and ate it too. Starving children in Africa have been waiting on their reloading supplies for years now.. and you don't hear them bitchin half as much as you.

20. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Proof positive that "losing a customer" isn't always a bad thing.