Difference between M series and -A1 series.

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by PACNWDude, Jan 17, 2008.

1. PACNWDude

PACNWDude New Member

Sorry if this has been asked in the past. Could not find anything on this specific item. I have a Steyr M357 (what the slide says) that on paper was sold as a M357-A1. It has the receiver rail that is compatible with Glocks and other weapons. This is not the first generation receiver. However, unlike every other one on this site, my slide does not have the "-A1" after it. The slide, barrel and receiver have matching serial numbers, so I know this was not some Frankenstein monster put together after the fact. (Unless the factory did this.) Does anyone else out there have a slide with no "-A1" on it, the new style receiver, and with matching serial numbers on all three parts? Just curious. Thank you.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

This is very common.

Steyr had a few older slides when they introduced the newer Receiver and put them together just like that!

3. PACNWDude

PACNWDude New Member

Thank you, I thought that was the case with the matching serial numbers. I just didn't see any on this site that were like that. Appreciate the response.

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If you've got the standard type rail, you've got an MA1, regardless of what it says on the slide. However, if you want to sell yours and buy a new one with A1 on the slide, I'm sure you could set off a bidding war here for your M357(A1 that don't say A1). :mrgreen: