DFW: Whiskey! (Next Get Together)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by JaegerWulf, Dec 23, 2008.

1. JaegerWulf

JaegerWulf Premium Member

I'll be going of course. And my wife is coming again (though she won't be drinking, alas, surgery...). I say bring the wimenz, no sense making this a sausage fest. Up to you guys though. I like boobies and take every chance I can to look at em. My wife has always been "on of the guys" though, so not sure if you want this to be a male bonding experience.

My philosophy has always been whiskey and women go together. So, I say, bring the wives... and the girlfriends... and any women you have on the side.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...best be bringin' some beer for the horses!!! ;)

3. JaegerWulf

NOTIFICATION! Date has changed:

It will be the FIRST Tuesday of February, the 3rd. Are you guys interested in this one? Or is it too short of a notice?

http://www.trinityhall.tv/Tasting.htm

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds good to me...

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Yeah, Me too!

Do they deliver?

:rolleyes:

6. michaelmew

michaelmew Premium Member

7. michaelmew

so, are we for sure doing this?

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It's up in the air for me right now... I was laid up in bed all weekend with a fever and I feel like I got ran over by a truck today. If things don't pick up by tomorrow, I don't think I'll be in any condition to drink :(. Sucks that they had to knock it back a week... :mad:

9. michaelmew

well maybe we should call it off then until next month?

hey JW, have you received any pm's from anyone else planning to attend? I scrolled through the thread and it sounds like this was going to be a small group this time out. maybe more can make it next time

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Up to you guys... I can try to soldier through tomorrow, but no promises and it's not looking good at this point :(

11. JaegerWulf

No PMs from anyone else yet. Though I wasn't as active getting PMs out to everyone (relied on the thread... hmm..)

Well, things still on for tomorrow. I'm going to head over. Syntax, it's not hard drinking, but good drinking. Even if its just us three, it'll be fun. It'll also give you an idea of what it is and let you know if you want to keep doing it.

If you are going, send an email to [email protected] and let them know you are going. You will pay the 25 dollars when you get there. send me a PM so that I can save a seat for us all.

12. vxskaxv

vxskaxv Guest

I did'nt realize it was a cost get together. I totally misread the description of what we were doing tommorow..lol

I have literally spent my every last penny on ammo, stock piling up this weekend and also I bought a Remington 870 Tactical with tons of accessories. I will be out of this event, sorry guys.

Hope you fell better soon Syn.....:(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  13. JaegerWulf

:( Is alright. These things go on every month (though they've had a weird schedule since the new year... should even out). We'll see how those that go like it and plan for more.

14. JaegerWulf

Tasting went well last night. Their new schedule has the tastings on the first Tuesday on every month. Next month is going to be an Irish whiskey tasting. Bushmills and Breakfast! Apparently we're going to sample the Irish whiskey next to some Irish breakfast meals.

I'm psyched! Bushmills is a wonderful whiskey and the Irish do it a bit different than the Scotts and the Americans. This will be good. I'll get out PMs a lot earlier this time and make a new thread about it. Again, its 25 dollars when you send in an email. That gets you 6 whiskeys (typically) and they usually do a bonus round. I went home very happy last night....

Oh yeah, Range Report:
    Had samples of these whiskys:

Buchanan's Black and White
    Johnnie Walker Green Label
    Buchanan's 18 yr Blended Whisky
    Buchanan's Red Seal (a $180 a bottle whisky)
    Dalwhinnie 12 year Single Malt

And the bonus round was a Singleton 12 yr. Single Malt

They also served cheese and crackers as pallet cleansers, rolled deli meat wraps, crisp potato bites, toasted crustinis as appetizers, and a small pineapple and shrimp kabob as a taste enhancer.

Because there was a whisky tasting just last week, not too many people showed up for this one (only had two tables of 6 to 9 people each). It was really nice. The ambassador was able to walk up and town and talk with each one of us individually as we were drinking. Hell, him and the pub owner seemed to be drinking just as much as us. Damned good night. Got home and passed out on the bed.

Next month is going to be even better.