Depressed by Blade Tech

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Polymer Proselyte, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Mad rant follows:

I got 3/4s the way thru ordering a Blade Tech DOH holster $69 (about $100 in NZ currency or 2 goats, 6 chickens and half a stag) which was pretty acceptable considering local gun shops rip people off $80 NZD for a $25 USD Fobus holster....

Then I got to the shipping charges which came to $53 USD $53!!. You gotta be kidding me!

How can Amazon send me a book for $10? How can Glockparts send me base plates for $1.85?

We're talking a holster here, not a couple a pounds of ammunition.

I guess its my fault for living in an island paradise at the bottom of the world.
    Thanks, I feel better.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Did you go ahead and place the order anyway?

3. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

No Syn,

It makes the holster uncompetitive at that price. I was thinking of a CR Speed that I could use for IPSC, adjustable, no holster burn, resellable.

Like this but not blue:
    [​IMG]

I dropped Blade Tech a feedback note suggesting it maybe a miscalculation or typo. If so I'd definitly consider getting it. It seems to be well regarded 'net-wide'.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I highly recommend calling them - their customer service is actually quite good and they will usually go out of their way (read out of their pocket) to help you out. If that doesn't work for you, contact our forum member luvmy40 - he designed BigTaco's IDPA rig - I'm sure he could custom make one to your specs and you would certainly be getting the absolute most competitive pricing and "normal" shipping charges...