DANG!!! I think I fuggered her up.

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by ChillyWilly, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Okay so I got froggy and did the trigger breakdown and tune up. Put her all back together and let her rip...and well it was better but of couse I wanted more so I broke her down again and redid the job and now I am having reset problems like I have never had before. It only happens when I go slow and DON'T hold down the trigger, but there is a real bad part. Sometimes the trigger goes off by itself (this one is loud) on one of these slow returns and the rest of the time if I just touch the trigger I hear a click (this one is not as loud as a normal strike. What do I do? Order new parts or can I fix this? Any idea what I did.

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

3. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Okay tore her down again to recheck everything and the problem was spring #12. I had her down so I did another once over on the parts rounded off some more corners put her clothes back on and she is purrin again.

So I come back here to post and I have a PM. Guess who diagnosed the problem as #12 without so much as looking at the gun....man, if anyone questions BT's knowledge of the Steyr, they need to be smacked with a sledge. Where the hell is that "who's yer daddy emoticon when you need it.....

Now, everything is nice and smooth, a little lighter and it breaks nice and clean....but the problem is that I still feel the creep. What needs to be done to get rid of the creep, should I file down the mating surface of #10, maybe make it more round so that only the lip contacts #11? What do you think Doctor BT?

P.S. To anyone contemplating using the tuts, in no way is my post meant to imply anything negative about BT's tuts, they are great...it's me...my lack of experience and willingness to take on tasks even when inexperienced that gets me in sh...stuff....not the tuts. This is A1 stuff....gitter dunn!!!!

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

easiest way I know to get rid of the creep is.....

.....buy a single action pistol......

:wink: :wink: :wink:

5. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Actually I am lookin at Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail right now....