CZ97B

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Buzz, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Yesterday I picked up a pre-owned unfired CZ97B. I was actually planning on picking up a CZ75B but the 97 had just gone up on consignment and I couldn't resist it. I've rarely been this impressed with a gun, and from what I've read it is incredibly accurate. Anyone else have one? Any advice?

Buzz

2. smores

smores Guest

I've got the 75 (as you can see in my avatar). I have handled the 97, and judging by what's said over at czshooters.com it's an awesome gun. I'd like to get my hands on one some day.

Please get us a range report asap! Also, what finish did you get?

3. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I got the black poly finish. Had I had a choice that would have been what I would have chose. The glossy blue is very pretty but from what I understand is not all that durable.

I'm also considering getting some Nill-grips for it, the Bianchi/PPC. Since this gun is so large that I would never consider it for carry (other than a farm trip) big grips like that become a possibility. The gun is said to be accurate enough that I can justify spending $170 on these: http://nill-griffe.de/cms_usa/index.php ... vigation=4

This gun makes my Steyr GB seem a bit on the small side!

Buzz

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

BTW, my understanding is that the glossy blue finish is absolutely stunning.

Buzz

5. smores

smores Guest

Yeah, it is a large gun. Once I start making more money and can afford to shoot .45 regularly, I will definitely consider one. I love the look of the CZ guns, and they are built very well. There are some tool marks here and there on my slide, but it does nothing to hinder functionality.

Also, the black poly coat is a handsome finish. I prefer it over blue because you don't have to wipe all the fingerprints off every time you handle it ;)

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

One of the things that really impresses me is the quality of the craftsmanship. I've not seen any tool marks. The gun is very well executed, not what one might associate with the old Soviet Block. I've got to imagine that CZ-USA has done a lot to make these guns more attractive to the US market.

Yeah, .45 has become very expensive compared to what it was. And I keep buying .45s :x

Buzz

7. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

I picked up a 97B recently as well, one of the few factory nickel plated ones. :D

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the craftsmanship is amazing, no tool marks and very hardy. The flimsy plastic guide rod is about my only qualm with it mechanically. I saw CZs for the first time a few summers ago on a trip to Prague and they certainly left an impression. Can't wait for a chance to hit the range with the 97, really want to see how it fares against other .45s like my friend's Sig P220.

8. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

9. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Ah great, I had lost track of who was carrying those, thanks for the link! Even better, they sell the springs as well!

10. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I ended up getting mine from Steve Bedair at http://bedair.org/ The 97 isn;t listed on his site but he makes them.

Buzz

11. DLaw

DLaw New Member

Most accurate out of box 45's I own.