CZ P07 goes Kaboom like the Caracal!

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by doctordoctor, Mar 25, 2013.

1. doctordoctor

doctordoctor New Member

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya doc* :)

Thanx for the post.

The CZ PO7 Cat-Fail wasn't like the Caracal C Cat-Fail. It was apparently caused by a bad round of Tulammo. And the slide wasn't broke. <shrug>

But, this guy was very lucky not to have sustained any injury, aside from a sore paw.

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- waitin' on the Tulammo lot# :popcorn:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013

3. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

The issue you are referring to is in no way similar to the Caracal issue. Search long and hard to find CZs going KABOOM and see what you find. I'll save you the trouble and tell you it don't happen. Put crappy ammo through a gun and ANY gun will blow. Poor quality reloads and cheap offshore ammo probably contribute to about 1/2 if not more of the issues with Steyr pistols as well as others.

4. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

I'm surprised it was Tula ammo, I've used it quite a lot in the past with zero issues, still have some large caliber boxes in my cabinet....I thought it was a decent brand, not match quality, but decent(?)

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I suspect every brand has blow up a gun at some or another - no human endeavor is perfect.

6. Talyn

Talyn New Member

That looks like a gun fail, not an ammo issue.

7. nickyill

nickyill New Member

I was out shooting my P-07 Duty this past weekend....no drama fortunately!

8. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

It was ammo. The same ammo the killed the PO7 on RF. The gun actually controlled the KABOOM well. Explosive gases/debris left the chamber and flowed down through the mag away from the shooters face.

9. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

When i read all the posts he says he found a piece of Tula brass in the barrel IIRC (?)

10. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

You are correct. I smell a Tula ammo recall coming.

11. jhb

jhb Member

Intersting on the tula. I saw a post on an fnx in .45acp that kaboomed from tula, but steel cased. There was lots of talk about the feedramp in the .45 being unsupported, and allowing failure. More talk about fnh redesigning the feedramp.

Appears caracal says the c model had a batch of poorly heat treated slides. Which allowed the slide fracture, failure.

Back to the cz kaboom....from those pics it looks like ammo failure....I don't know the p07 model.....how much case is unsupported from the feedramp? Lots or a tiny bit? Guess it could be a design problem......if too much of the case is unsupported....but even that leans more towards overcharged ammo or too thin case wall, etc.

12. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

The P07 fully supports the case.

13. jhb

jhb Member

^ thanks for the info....appreciated.

so we are at out of battery....which i've never seen a cz have that issue...or overcharged round....most likely? any other theories?

14. \JMiller

\JMiller New Member

CZs don't kaboom! Glocks kaboom due to the unsupported chamber issue, CZs don't blow up, but, when they do have Catastrophic failure, the ammo is usually too hot, or there was a squib.

15. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Hope my CZ 40 B never does that :)