Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am working with a friend of mine to create a rubber mold of the rear sight/ back plate. My plan is to create a competition style rear sight when it is in the wax copy phase, and turn it into a rubber mold. After that I just have to find someone ( still searching) to pour the metal.
My question is, would enough be interested in this if it comes out like I plan? If it works, my plan is to do the front site in plain black and fiber optic options, and something with the uncomfortable slide release.
We did this for years with gold. We made molds of all sorts of things for people. It should work, if I can get the metal pouring figured out.
If anyone knows someone that works with metal casting or something similar, please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You might know this, but the rear sight is not just an interchangeable back plate, it's part of the whole breech assembly.

If I desperately wanted a new rear sight, I'd opt instead to take the slide to a creative machinist to see if he could figure out a way to mill a dovetail slot somewhere. If not, I'd wait--my bet is that Caracal is going to come up with a "fix" pretty soon.

If you want to make inroads into custom custom Caracal parts right now, you might want to start with offering a selection of front sights--they're easily interchangeable and I'd pay for a fiber optic or tritium front sight that was slightly narrower than the stock sight.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would be interested in a front fiber optic sight but yes the rear sight is a whole different story....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts